what needs to be done at medicals

Guest colsha7

Guest colsha7

Hi all,

My hubby is a nurse and going for his medicals next month....my question is what checks does he need to have done?????I know he needs medical, chest x-ray and HIV test...what about hep B and C does he need these done?????

We will be going a ENS121 so we all need our meds done...we have 2 kids(15, 13) definately coming with us and a son (18) maybe coming with us. I believe we all have to have medical, chest x-ray and HIV....what about Hep B and C???????????

Thanks for help.

sharon.xxx

Hi all,

My hubby is a nurse and going for his medicals next month....my question is what checks does he need to have done?????I know he needs medical, chest x-ray and HIV test...what about hep B and C does he need these done?????

We will be going a ENS121 so we all need our meds done...we have 2 kids(15, 13) definately coming with us and a son (18) maybe coming with us. I believe we all have to have medical, chest x-ray and HIV....what about Hep B and C???????????

Thanks for help.

sharon.xxx

Hi Sharon,

As a nurse I had Hep A,B and C tests, and HIV. Husband (non-nurse) had HIV test but not the hepatitis ones. I was terrified of my medical, but was no bother!

Good Luck

Gill x

we both work for the NHS too. we tried to save money by taking our immunization histories and we also had our bloods taken at work and took along our up to date results. didn't work though - still had to pay the full whack!

Just out of interest how much are the Medicals for a family of 2 adults, and 2 young boys 20 months and 4

Thanks

Guest colsha7

Hi naomi, was it £325 just for the medical and chest xray???or did this also include hiv,hep b and c?????? I was quoted £120 for medical,£70 for xray, £25 HIV and £39 for hep b and c...this time last year when we were thinking of going..cant believe the prices have jumped that much!!!!!

Sharon.xxx

sorry I wasn't clear, it was 325 inclusive of everything. i've just found the email they sent me with the fees breakdown (from Medmigration in Manchester) :

11yrs and over - £120

children younger than 11yrs - £60

chest x-ray - £75

chest x-ray (eHealth or form 160EH) - £90

HIV blood test - £27

Hep B - £29

Hep C - £39

Courier - £12 per case or £40 per family (whichever is less)

Online admin (e-health or EH 26 forms) - £20

so frustrating when we can get it done for free at work! ho hum.

Hi, We had our medicals and x-rays done on Thursday. We are in Liverpool but had to go to Birmingham for them as there was no space until end of June at our nearest place, Manchester. Two adults and two kids 3 and 5. Ours was £730 for everything, including £10 per person to have them emailed in. We were told at the medical centre that, if it is being sent electronically you don't need to pay for hep B as there is no facility to add it onto the form?

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jackie4mark

I'm about to book my medial in oz and sounds like it's going to be a lot cheaper here! Makes a change, usually things are more expensive here lol was just wondering if anyone knows if they test for drugs at the medical.

Archived