Opportunities Australia Expo

Guest Gordon Cullen

Guest Gordon Cullen

Hi All,

Oppertunities Australia are holding a Expo in Leeds in July and was considering going however as Leeds is over a 4 hour drive from where I live I was wondering if anyone has attended this expo or a similar version before and could let me know if it was worth it?

The advert seems promising but I wouldnt want to go all the way there and find it a waste of time?

Thanks

G

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jmahood
Hi All,

Oppertunities Australia are holding a Expo in Leeds in July and was considering going however as Leeds is over a 4 hour drive from where I live I was wondering if anyone has attended this expo or a similar version before and could let me know if it was worth it?

The advert seems promising but I wouldnt want to go all the way there and find it a waste of time?

Thanks

G

Go online and see if there are any migration expo's nearer to home. We travelled from Northern Ireland to London for a migration expo only to have the same expo in Belfast a couple of weeks later! We could have saved ourselves a fortune in air fares and I could have saved my feet from all that walking! Saying that, neither expo provided much opportunity it was all geared towards the medical profession.

Guest Guest55385
Go online and see if there are any migration expo's nearer to home. We travelled from Northern Ireland to London for a migration expo only to have the same expo in Belfast a couple of weeks later! We could have saved ourselves a fortune in air fares and I could have saved my feet from all that walking! Saying that, neither expo provided much opportunity it was all geared towards the medical profession.

My friend attended one in London and came back with about the same amount of info that I'd found by trawling the net. I'm in Southampton, so bout same distance as you to Leeds. They run expo's every couple of months, so maybe wait til one is closer?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ianandmel

Hi there.

I went to that Expo when they were in Manchester earlier this year. It really depends on what occupation you are in, a lot of information for medical professions, engineers and one stand for plumbers. With some digging we got some information on allied health at the medical stands. The seminar on visas provided information that was readily available on the internet, however I did pick up one bit of information that was new to me (the requirement for medical health insurance on the 457 visa means you need insurance to get the visa but on arrival as a UK national you are eligible to access medicare and can ditch the insurance, good news for us as a family of 5). But was it worth the 15 quid to get in? I'm not so sure...I certainly would have regretted it had it been a long drive, so maybe it is worth waiting for Expo dates at a venue closer to you.

Good luck! Mel

Archived