Employer's Sponsored Visa

Guest Gordon Cullen

Guest Gordon Cullen

Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this seems a bit of a trival question, but could someone be kind enought to tell me that if you are successfull in securing a sponsored visa will the visa costs ?be covered by the employer?

Also, how difficult is it to obtain a sponsored visa and is it possible to get one whilst you still live outside of Australia (we still live in the uk)?

Thanks

G

Guest SunshineSmile
Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this seems a bit of a trival question, but could someone be kind enought to tell me that if you are successfull in securing a sponsored visa will the visa costs ?be covered by the employer?

Also, how difficult is it to obtain a sponsored visa and is it possible to get one whilst you still live outside of Australia (we still live in the uk)?

Thanks

G

Hi Gordon,

You pay your visa costs, I have not heard of an employer paying your visa costs, Im here on an employer sponsored visa and we paid our own visa costs. We did however get relocation expenses which helped with flights, shipping etc. This is negotiated with your employer and depends on the position you are being sponsored for and whether the company that sponsors you is willing to pay this.

You seek a position, negotiate with a prospective employer and apply for a sponsored visa OFF SHORE, meaning from the UK in your case. It can be done on-shore, but those circumstances dont apply to you.

If you find an employer to sponsor you, they firstly nominate you for the position to the Dept of Immigration (employer pays for this application) then if that is accepted you put in your visa application (you pay for this).

Go to www.immi.gov.au and search 457 visa applications. All the info you need is there.

Hope that helps

Guest Gordon Cullen

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for your response, I thought that would be the case. Could you give me an idea of how much your visa will cost then? I don't think I am understanding it all too well.

From what I can see a simple 12 month working visa can be resonably cheap but a sponsored visa can be very expensive?

G

Hi Gordon,

sorry what I meant was that my OH sponsors have agreed to pay the visa costs and they've employed an agent they've used before, it maybe negociable or included in relocation costs

Guest kennmikp
I guess it depends on the employer, my hubby's is paying his 457 fee as well as relocation costs.

I think that is absolutely correct!!

Having been fortunate enough to secure a job offer :biggrin: i think i have been very lucky in the fact that my sponsor is paying ALL of my visa costs, shipping costs plus i get a relocation package :jiggy:

O yeah also found out that 2 days after i have landed i get 2 weeks wages upfront :yes: winner all round for me and my family i think.

Guest sarahtatt

What is the minimum amount i would have to put into a childcare centre to get a visa,. I have nvq level 3 in childcare and development

For a 457 the costs for the Nomination & the visa application charge is roughly $700

The cost of the Nomination application & visa application charge for 121 ENS PR is about $2500. (ENS 856 is a bit more expensive )

Of course that does not include the cost of medicals, Xrays etc (prices varies depending on where you apply) nor the cost involved if the employer insist on using an agent. (and some will)

When I was sponsored for a 457 back in '05 the total cost was $3000 including the agent, medical, X-Rays etc... my employer paid the lot.

For my ENS 856 back in '09 cost in total $8000 of which I paid $2200 and the employer paid the rest.

Guest sarahtatt

My brother, ( on Gold Coast ) was told last year, if he bought a part share in a childcare centre it would enable me to get a sponsored business visa. Extremely kind of him, but he also has a young family and didn't feel it fair on him. Would the same apply if I did the same ,as I could release some capital from sale of my house in UK. The migration agent said I would then be tied to the business for 3 years, but that my husband could work elsewhere.

I believe I would have to take out private health insurance for us all and have fees to pay for my children's schools. Apparently a lot in private schools but not too much in state schools.

Alternatively , if I send my CV to relevant companies and got a job offer, would that mean I stood a good chance of a visa,

as my qualification is not on the current skills list.

Hi Gordon,

You pay your visa costs, I have not heard of an employer paying your visa costs, Im here on an employer sponsored visa and we paid our own visa costs. We did however get relocation expenses which helped with flights, shipping etc. This is negotiated with your employer and depends on the position you are being sponsored for and whether the company that sponsors you is willing to pay this.

You seek a position, negotiate with a prospective employer and apply for a sponsored visa OFF SHORE, meaning from the UK in your case. It can be done on-shore, but those circumstances dont apply to you.

If you find an employer to sponsor you, they firstly nominate you for the position to the Dept of Immigration (employer pays for this application) then if that is accepted you put in your visa application (you pay for this).

Go to www.immi.gov.au and search 457 visa applications. All the info you need is there.

Hope that helps

My employer paid all Visa costs when I came over on a 457. I transferred from London to Sydney with the same employer. There are specific instances when all costs will be borne by the sponsoring employer.

Archived