ANMAC Skills Assessment is this neccessary?

Guest mmafighter

Guest mmafighter

Hey all,

I am a nurse and currently filling in the AHPRA application for overseas trained nurses.

In no major rush to get it sent off but just confused with a few things.

The main thing confusing me at the min is the skills assessment procedure.

On the AHPRA application form you pay over $200 for an assessment fee, is this skills assessment? Or are you required to pay this assessment fee and also get an ANMAC skills assessment too?

I am hoping to work in Australia for 12-24 months with the view of moving over there permenantly in the future.

Whole thing gives me a headache lol!

Thanks for any help :-)

Guest micky38

Hi,

The ANMAC is the skills assessment body of OZ, they determine if your skill is suitable for migration(PR visa)

The AHPRA is the registering body, they say if you can be registered as a RN.

I send all my documentation tot the ANMC, they send me a letter of determination that my skill is suitable for migration.

Then I asked the ANMC to send all my documentation to AHPRA meanwhile I applied with AHPRA for registration and got it after they recieved all my documents from the ANMC! Easy!!!

GRTZ, Micky

Guest mmafighter

Ah right cheers mate!!

So would i only go through ANMAC if i am planning on a permenant move there?

I am initially planning on working there for a year or so, so do i still need to send my documentation to ANMAC?

Appreciate the help mate!

Guest peorina
Just found my answer out! Thanks again!

Hiya,

I am just starting on this adventure and it is confusing me. Do I need to apply to ANMAC or AHPRA? Is this the first stage of the process or is there something else I should do first? IT would seem logical for it to be the first stage but I am not sure?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cdchaplin

hi micky38, i sent off stuff to anmac 2 week ago and was planning to now send application off to aphra and then ask anmac to forward docs to them too. Did you simply send to aphra completed application form with a covering letter? NmC is sending them verification direct and i will also include cv. was that it though? just paranoid something likely to get lost along the way!!!

collette

Guest micky38

Hi Colette,

After I recieved the letter of determination from ANMC( so they were ready with the assessment) I applied with NMBWA just before it became AHPRA. It was not too difficult as I already sorted out my docs for the ANMC.

Greetz, Micky

Archived