176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Hi everyone not been on here for months, how is everyone? has everyone gotton visas and moved? We are planning to go out for a holiday to stamp visa as not enough money saved up to go permenantly (our friends moved in aug and spent lots). We plan on staying in scotland at least until end of year maybe into next but visa needs to be stamped before june. What happens when u go over to stamp? we going in next few months. I have not sent our passports away to have visa in, my friend never either. Can someone please help me on this situation, quite scary ha ha x

hi do you have to send passports away to get visa on it, i though it was all done automaticlly now can someone please verify this for me please!!!

:frown:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morris75

Na u can send but u dont need to, i havent and my friend that went in august didnt either so u will be fine :biggrin:

Guest LB2011

Hi Guys,

We leave next week and have a property rented so we have a home when we get there but no furniture until end of the month.

With the stamp in the visa, I decided to send it off a couple of weeks ago just incase. We sent it on the monday and had it back by the wednesday. You dont have to get one but does make it easier for things like applying for medicare and driving licence.

Am hoping we could arrange a meet up in the near future if anyone is interested.

Laura

Hi Guys,

We leave next week and have a property rented so we have a home when we get there but no furniture until end of the month.

With the stamp in the visa, I decided to send it off a couple of weeks ago just incase. We sent it on the monday and had it back by the wednesday. You dont have to get one but does make it easier for things like applying for medicare and driving licence.

Am hoping we could arrange a meet up in the near future if anyone is interested.

Laura

hi we land in perth on 20th march what part u heading too any kids etc stef

Guest LB2011

Hi Stef,

We are moving to the success area. Have 2 kiddies one is 3 1/2 and another 18 months. How are you finding it?.

Laura

• 2 months later...
Guest morris75

where do you send passports for the stamp to be put in them and how long do they take to come back? thanks x

Guest sjmmdm

I think they go to Australia house but were in Perth and it was very quick to do when you get here just in the city wait for 20 mins all done .

Hi Stef,

We are moving to the success area. Have 2 kiddies one is 3 1/2 and another 18 months. How are you finding it?.

Laura

Hi Laura

Just a pity we are NOR in Merriwa. Getting keys to our house over the Easter weekend but no sign of our container prob going to be another few weeks

my girls are 13 and 10 years they both start school after easter and hubby starting work easter tuesday so all going good so far, what about you

Stephanie

Hi Everyone,

We are in perth for a month validating our visas, been here 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoying it. loads for the kids to do and lots of work.Seen some lovely places to live both Sor and Nor. We are staying in Rockingham at the moment but its not somewhere Id like to live.

Hope everyone doing ok?

where do you send passports for the stamp to be put in them and how long do they take to come back? thanks x

Send your passport by secure mail (Special Delivery silver pouch recommended for clients in the UK) to:

Visa Evidencing Unit

Migration Branch

Australian High Commission

Strand

London

WC2B 4LA

Once your passport is received you can expect a turnaround of around 3 to 5 working days. Clients in Ireland can expect a longer turnaround because of additional postage time.

This is where I sent my passports and they were back in 3 days Stephanie

Archived