British passports

Sunshine111

Hi there,

Wondering if like in Australia, you need to apply for Citizenship before you can obtain a passport? Our x2 children were born here in Oz but we are both British. I thought we could just apply for British passports for them both.....? Heading back as soon as house sells..... September would be good, though house market in Perth seems a bit slow. Anyone else experiencing the same? cheers!

If you or your husband are British born then your children are automatically British Citizens by Descent.

You don't need to apply for their citizenship, they have it automatically.

You just need to apply for British passports for them and provide the supporting documentation, their birth certificates and yours too.

Hi there,

Wondering if like in Australia, you need to apply for Citizenship before you can obtain a passport? Our x2 children were born here in Oz but we are both British. I thought we could just apply for British passports for them both.....? Heading back as soon as house sells..... September would be good, though house market in Perth seems a bit slow. Anyone else experiencing the same? cheers!

My wife became a British subject because her father was born in the UK. No probs, all done online. You need parents birth certs and also children's, plus maybe marriage cert. Only took about four weeks. Good luck. Cheers........Syd.

Archived