moving back a possible disaster

Guest jak2503

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Oz has extremely high youth unemployment, a serious drug culture, extremely high mental heath problems and youth suicide, crime and lack of opportunity job wise. Go to Oz because you want to experience a different way of life and have a new experience - don't leave because you think the Uk is crap - everywhere has its problems and if you can seriously get your head around that then you might not be disappointed when you see the faults in ozzie life.

Youth unemployment is nearly at the 1 million mark here in the uk and 81% of new jobs created in the last year went to people from overseas, because they will work for less and our government are told who can work in our country by the EU whereas Australia decide who they want to work in their country and they reduced the numbers coming in when there was a downturn. I am all for allowing skilled migrants into the uk to fill jobs when we need them, but currently we don't and our children are suffering because of this.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ph0en1x
Your wrong about the private prisons in Australia, there pay is better than the government jobs, i have tried to get in 3 prisons and could probably have managed it, but they wanted me to emigrate first, but i won't do that unless they offer the job first.

As for the comment about part time jobs, most new jobs created here in the uk are low paid part time jobs, my son went for a job at Halfords they were advertising for two part time posts, 7 and 15 hours, on the minimum wage and over 100 people applied for them.

I never mentioned part time jobs but as you have, its exactly the same here. And while you carry on about low wages the hourly rate of a prison officer in NSW is $26.78

Using your 2.2 that equates to 12 pounds an hour, awesome

Guest Ph0en1x
Youth unemployment is nearly at the 1 million mark here in the uk and 81% of new jobs created in the last year went to people from overseas, because they will work for less and our government are told who can work in our country by the EU whereas Australia decide who they want to work in their country and they reduced the numbers coming in when there was a downturn. I am all for allowing skilled migrants into the uk to fill jobs when we need them, but currently we don't and our children are suffering because of this.

The Youth unemployment rate in Australia is 19%

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/2f762f95845417aeca25706c00834efa/6b96e708333ccab4ca2570ec00752766!OpenDocument

The youth unemployment rate in the UK is virtually the same at 20.5%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12482018

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I never mentioned part time jobs but as you have, its exactly the same here. And while you carry on about low wages the hourly rate of a prison officer in NSW is $26.78

Using your 2.2 that equates to 12 pounds an hour, awesome

I wasn't referring to you about the part time jobs and £12 an hour is far better than the £8 an hour for new entrants here in the uk. :yes: Another 50% extra, just shows how much better it is in Australia.

Guest Ph0en1x
I wasn't referring to you about the part time jobs and £12 an hour is far better than the £8 an hour for new entrants here in the uk. :yes: Another 50% extra, just shows how much better it is in Australia.

Then move here then and stop whinging about the UK, all i have ever seen you do on this site is whinge about the UK. Do what i'm doing and move

Guest The Ropey HOFF
The Youth unemployment rate in Australia is 19%

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/2f762f95845417aeca25706c00834efa/6b96e708333ccab4ca2570ec00752766!OpenDocument

The youth unemployment rate in the UK is virtually the same at 20.5%

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12482018

Its been said before, so if the unemployment is just a measly 4.9% overall in Australia, then when the youths reach adults at say 21, unemploment for adults must be rediculously low ............ cheers for that, my kids will be going to university in Australia, paying half the fees than here in the uk, so at 21, they should easily get a good well paid job, unlike here in the uk where 20% of university graduates end up unemployed.

Its been said before, so if the unemployment is just a measly 4.9% overall in Australia, then when the youths reach adults at say 21, unemploment for adults must be rediculously low ............ cheers for that, my kids will be going to university in Australia, paying half the fees than here in the uk, so at 21, they should easily get a good well paid job, unlike here in the uk where 20% of university graduates end up unemployed.

Just be prepared to pay upfront - no loans unless you're a citizen. $9k per year cash - more than here at the moment but obviously much cheaper come the fee rises in Uk.

Guest Ph0en1x

Good grief, you hate facts dont you. Make sure that when your kids come out you join them so i dont come across you whinging when i move, Being a whinger you will fit in well here

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Then move here then and stop whinging about the UK, all i have ever seen you do on this site is whinge about the UK. Do what i'm doing and move

Stop your whinging and get back here you have only been on here 5 minutes and you hate, hate, hate Australia, i knew you would bite eventually ............ trying to stick up for the uk against Australia is a lost cause, give it up, i have never lost against an OZ hater yet, how can i its alot better there.

Have to agree with these comments. OZ has the worlds highest gambling problems in the world. Suicide rates are higher in OZ than UK (check out the world health organisation) . I like OZ, it has it's good points. But can't ignore the fact it has some issues.

www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide/suiciderates/en

www.mentalhealth.wa.gov.au/Libaries/pdf_docs/WA_suicide_prevention_strategy.sflb.ashx

Guest Ph0en1x
Stop your whinging and get back here you have only been on here 5 minutes and you hate, hate, hate Australia, i knew you would bite eventually ............ trying to stick up for the uk against Australia is a lost cause, give it up, i have never lost against an OZ hater yet, how can i its alot better there.

Too funny

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Good grief, you hate facts dont you. Make sure that when your kids come out you join them so i dont come across you whinging when i move, Being a whinger you will fit in well here

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::goofy:

Whinging poms like you give us a bad name in Australia and thanks for starting the name calling, it just shows you have lost the argument.

Guest Guest31881

After consultation with other mods it has been decided to close this thread, what had been a decent debate has turned into an argument and points scoring exercise.

Thanks to all those who contributed.

Archived