Validation of visa in year 1 (176)

RioMarina

Can anyone please tell me if all family members have to enter Australia within the 1st year of obtaining your visa (176). Is it possible for the main applicant to just enter and the others follow in the preceding years. We are having trouble selling our house and we may not be able to go within the 1st year. I wish to go on holiday initially to gain entry and then return later with my family once the house is sold. We do not all want to go on holiday in the first year and then return later due to the flight costs, etc, and have to pay twice if we do not have to.

Thanks

Guest Guest31881

I think all people on visa have to enter within the validation period, (it could be shorter than a year), those who do not validate would have visa cancelled.

Guest Suz2011

Hi

We are in the exact same situation as yourself. Unfortunately everyone needs to validate the visa within 1 year. We are all going out next month for a holiday to validate. It is expensive however we are going to use the trip to research areas, jobs and schools in the hope when we return we will have a better idea of where to settle on arrival. Good luck with your plans

Suz

All family members granted a visa will have to validate by the date stipulated on your visa. This won't be one year from the visa grant, but usually a year from the police checks or medicals whichever was earliest. EG. Our medicals were done in May but we got the grant in July and had to validate by May the following year (10 months)

Archived