Midwives husband

Guest jase2482

Guest jase2482

We are looking to move over to Oz, my wife is a midwife a so we are possibly looking at going over on a 457. I am interested to find out from a partners aspect how the move has effected you.

Has anyone got any insight into the job situation in Brisbane. We are looking a less stressful life and a more family orientated life. If you any feedback please let me know

Thanks

Jason

All I can tell you is that for men the job thing seems to be much better in Brisbane than Gold Coast. More advertised, more money etc although I do know that there is a lot of competition at the moment. If a female's view will help. My partner has settled very well and he agrees, not just me saying that. I think everyone is different though.

Guest jase2482

Thank you for your info, its a great help to hear from people who have done it.

Would you say that the general standard of living is better, we have 3 kids and we want to make sure as much as we can that they have better lives. Not so much about money but more about safer and happier.

Hope that makes sense

Jason

It's difficult to answer. For example we have a better house in a nicer street than we would have in the UK but we don't have much of a community if you know what I mean. I particularly have struggled greatly with that. I know that most people with families love it cos they can go to the beach and parks and stuff most days and can generally be very out doorsy. I suppose as well families may go to more places together and to more social events like bbqs and parties. Every party I've been to there have been children, which I suppose makes it easier for me as I know I can take our little one out if I really wanted to go. Most of the people I talk to who have older children their children have settled very well and wouldn't want to go back. I don't think it's any safer. I think I thought that before I got here but now that I've been here and watched the news etc my thoughts on that have changed. I have struggled to make friends which of course impacts on quality of life, but for children that is much easier I guess and lots of people don't struggle with that at all.

Hi

What do you do, job wise as that seems to make a difference. We have been here 9 mths and everyone has settled and enjoying it, I think I took the longest due to lack of friends but that is much better now! Our 4 children all love it. . Have a look at The Brisbannittes on facebook as lots of midwives on there! Good luck!

Guest jase2482

Thank you both for your feedback, its a big help.

I am currently a Managing Director of a design company, i am looking to get a good job if possible but like most things i am willing to look at every option.

Archived