We got our VISA - with physical Disabilities

loopylas

Well the DIAC website shows our visa was granted today, still waiting on the email from our agent!

Not sure where to start! This could be a long one but I promised myself that if we were approved I would post our details so others would not give up hope.

We have a 9 year old who has Mild Cerebral Palsy (Spastic Diplegia) He uses walking sticks for short distance and a wheelchair for long distances, around the house and at school (attends mainstream) he walks unaided. His main issues are balance, when in busy surroundings he could be easily knocked over.

We also have a daughter who has Dilated Cardiomyopathy (Enlarged Heart) She has been stable since a baby and over the years her heart has decreased in size, although she will be on medication all of her life it does not restrict her from any activity.

Through POI we contacted George Lombard and his medical team who assessed both our children and at the time said that there was a 50/50 chance we would get approval. In our eyes the glass was half full, if we didn't try we would always regret and it was now or never!

We decided to use a UK based agent and Go Matilda was recommended again on POI. Sarah (in OZ) & Wendy (in UK) have been great putting up with my questions and emails and because of the matter of our medical problems being told what was needed from us was less stressful than us having to work out what paper-work was required.

Also in the early days Gollywobbler (Gill) was a fantastic help, thank you x:notworthy:

Saying that the medicals were always going to be the biggest hurdle for us, especially for our son so I made sure I contacted every consultant, doctor, pyhsio, senco and club (swimming, football etc) leader anyone involved with him on a regular basis and asked them all to write letters explaining how he coped daily/weekly within school and clubs. The letters that came back were amazing, very in-depth about his physical ability and how nothing stops him from joining in, they were also very well written and the best glowing report we could have wished for.

The children's medicals were then referred for 5 weeks then finalised last week and yesterday I emailed our CO to ask for an update, to find this morning that the DIAC website showed our visa as APPROVED.

The moral of my long story is that you should never give up hope, we started this process 3 years ago, almost to the day and were put off lots of times. You have to put a lot of time effort, money, heart and soul to get to the end but the pull, dream or adventure, whatever you want to call it will never go unless you take it to the end of the line!

We have finally made it to the end!!!:jiggy:

There is a lot more I could say but don't want to bore you all, please pm me if more details will help.

My last few words are

CONNIE, PLEASE TURN US PURPLE

(and thanks for keeping up the thread)

Guest siamsusie

Wow! a huge congratulations, what a wonderful feat.

congratulations.jpg

Thrilled for you all and I sincerely wish you a happy life here in Australia

Susie x

Guest VickyMel

Loopylas is Purple!

:notworthy: Thanks so much for sharing and a very big hearty congratulations to you and your family.

It really is good to see that with the correct approach and I lots of hard work that getting to Oz with a physical disability can be possible.

Good on you for persevering and seeing a half full glass.

All the very very best for your new life in Oz

Vicky

Guest Colorana
Well the DIAC website shows our visa was granted today, still waiting on the email from our agent!

Not sure where to start! This could be a long one but I promised myself that if we were approved I would post our details so others would not give up hope.

We have a 9 year old who has Mild Cerebral Palsy (Spastic Diplegia) He uses walking sticks for short distance and a wheelchair for long distances, around the house and at school (attends mainstream) he walks unaided. His main issues are balance, when in busy surroundings he could be easily knocked over.

We also have a daughter who has Dilated Cardiomyopathy (Enlarged Heart) She has been stable since a baby and over the years her heart has decreased in size, although she will be on medication all of her life it does not restrict her from any activity.

Through POI we contacted George Lombard and his medical team who assessed both our children and at the time said that there was a 50/50 chance we would get approval. In our eyes the glass was half full, if we didn't try we would always regret and it was now or never!

We decided to use a UK based agent and Go Matilda was recommended again on POI. Sarah (in OZ) & Wendy (in UK) have been great putting up with my questions and emails and because of the matter of our medical problems being told what was needed from us was less stressful than us having to work out what paper-work was required.

Also in the early days Gollywobbler (Gill) was a fantastic help, thank you x:notworthy:

Saying that the medicals were always going to be the biggest hurdle for us, especially for our son so I made sure I contacted every consultant, doctor, pyhsio, senco and club (swimming, football etc) leader anyone involved with him on a regular basis and asked them all to write letters explaining how he coped daily/weekly within school and clubs. The letters that came back were amazing, very in-depth about his physical ability and how nothing stops him from joining in, they were also very well written and the best glowing report we could have wished for.

The children's medicals were then referred for 5 weeks then finalised last week and yesterday I emailed our CO to ask for an update, to find this morning that the DIAC website showed our visa as APPROVED.

The moral of my long story is that you should never give up hope, we started this process 3 years ago, almost to the day and were put off lots of times. You have to put a lot of time effort, money, heart and soul to get to the end but the pull, dream or adventure, whatever you want to call it will never go unless you take it to the end of the line!

We have finally made it to the end!!!:jiggy:

There is a lot more I could say but don't want to bore you all, please pm me if more details will help.

My last few words are

CONNIE, PLEASE TURN US PURPLE

(and thanks for keeping up the thread)

Huge congratulations...you story is really inspirational. It also sends the message that Australia is a fair country!..Bestest wishes with your move. :smile:

Guest perth42

Massive congratulations loopy! I'm having a bit of a cry reading your post (mascara running!) it's fantastic that not only did you share your story about your children but the fact that everyone you approached was behind your son and passionate in their words. This restores your faith in people! I hope your move to Oz goes smoothly and you and your family are very, very happy. Xx

Guest anandan

God is GREAT,....Congrats,.

I have send my MEDICAL reports, waiting for my final answer from the MOC/HOC,...i lost one eye and the other eye is 100% perfect,...i do drive , swim etc ,...as any normal person..... I have read in POI that few has the same issue and they all received GRANT,......Is it true?....any supportive/encouraging words,....pllllllllllllllllllllll pals,....

Guest perth42

I have send my MEDICAL reports, waiting for my final answer from the MOC/HOC,...i lost one eye and the other eye is 100% perfect,...i do drive , swim etc ,...as any normal person..... I have read in POI that few has the same issue and they all received GRANT,......Is it true?....any supportive/encouraging words,....pllllllllllllllllllllll pals,....

Hi

Stay positive. My oh who's the main applicant Can't see out of one eye and we have been granted our visa :smile: :wink:

Guest PriyaReddy

Congratulations loopylas !!! Your story is truly inspirational.. thanks.

Good luck Anandan, stay positive..

Guest anandan
Hi

Stay positive. My oh who's the main applicant Can't see out of one eye and we have been granted our visa :smile: :wink:

THANK YOU PERTH42; for giving me a good information,..fingers crossed,...give me your emailid, in case i have any issue with MOC/HOC,....to raise t issue with Migration Tribunel...on latter stages,...through PETER BOLLARD Lawyer,...pl..

Archived