New Zealand Ban grrrrrrrr

Guest Widgy

Guest Widgy

Hey guys,

Just a quick one need a bit of help here, my brother in law has been banned from re-entering New Zealand but I want to invite him to our wedding in oz. We wanted to know if you get banned from entering new zealand does that also ban you from entering oz for a couple of days on holiday?????

Any feedback is massively appriciated:err: :-) x

Guest siamsusie
Hey guys,

Just a quick one need a bit of help here, my brother in law has been banned from re-entering New Zealand but I want to invite him to our wedding in oz. We wanted to know if you get banned from entering new zealand does that also ban you from entering oz for a couple of days on holiday?????

Any feedback is massively appriciated:err: :-) x

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your news. Have you an idea why he was banned? If it is a criminal /security conviction of some severity that may have some impact!

Susie x

Guest Widgy

hi siamsusie,

he is a lovely dude lol but he got done for possesion of weed when he was traveling in his early 20s. not sure how bad that is and if they will now not let him enter oz. family ehhh lol :rolleyes:

cheers for the help

Leone

He needs to go to the Embassy and get his visa before getting on an aeroplane. They'll go through the reasons of his conviction and determine if he's a threat. There's a chance they won't issue the visa on character grounds, but it's better that happens in London than at Sydney Airport after he's spend thousands on a flight.

Generally they're pretty reasonable about youthful indiscretions as long as he's been clean since, just don't chance travelling on an e-visa as he will get pulled aside at Customs and be asked to explain himself.

Yes do it in the UK...and be honest. They seem to know these things!! Maybe get a couple of character references from people...does he know a police officer of JP or someone like that that would give him a character reference.

Good Luck xxx

Archived