Looking to meet couples without children in Brisbane Redlandshire

kipHarris

Hey there!

We are in our late thirties and have been living in Ormiston for nearly 4 years. We love many aspects of the lifestyle here but do miss the social life.

We are wondering if there are any couples who fancy joining us for any of the following:

• coffee at Raby Bay
  • Thai meal
  • Board games and take away night
  • Watching a film
  • Taking the dog for a walk
  • Wandering around in nature
  • A good old English cuppa and a yarn!

Not having children has proved it a challenge to meet people so we thought we would give this site a try. Get in touch if you live locally and fancy a meet up!

Kip and Dave

:goofy:

Guest guest36187

We are in Sinnamon Park about 12k`s from the CBD. We are a 40 something and a soon to be 40 year old!! Lol!

We have been here over 6 years. How you enjoying life here?

Guest Louey

We would be happy to meet up with you guys. We are a couple Jayne (39) and Angie (32) we arrived on the Gold Coast about 3 months ago. We are always looking to meet new folks and are quite happy to drive places. We have not really explored much yet always good to visit new places!!!

If you fancy meeting drop me a PM

Cheers

Jayne

Joanne

We are trying to figure out how to send you a private message but to be honest we have no clue as to how to use this site!!!!!! aaarggh

So frustrating!

I confess I am not a techno freak - I am a Primary School Teacher who is taking a lovely sabbatical from work right now. I am 37 years old and love Yoga, Nature, Films, Music, Walking the dog, playing board games over a take away and making silly drawings with the likes of Pictionary, coffee and cake, Thai food, fun and laughs.

My husband (Dave) is coming up the dreaded 40 years in October and is an Electrician. He loves every sport going (golf, squash, parachuting etc) and like me .... loves getting outdoors, listening to music and watching films.

We have both been living here for nearly 4 years and love many aspects (weather is fantastic - coming from the North of England is was grey and miserable) we love the work/life balance as Dave only works at the end of the street and works on average 4 shifts a week which gives us plenty of time together to be in holiday mode.

That said there are things we have found hard to adjust to (the lack of social life as we don't live near the CBD - we live in the Redlandshire in a place called Ormiston) we miss the English pubs....we miss the culture of English people who can strike up a conversation with you as you are at the bar, we miss our friends and old support network)

As we don't have children, we have found it hard to meet people as we think the area we live is very family orientated. Added to that we are middle aged so it puts us in the 'odd box' catergory!

Could you send us a private message so we can reply on the back of yours? Maybe tell us a bit about yourselves? It would be lovely to get together for a drink and we would be happy to come into the CBD one night.

Kip

Guest guest36187

Kip, I cant send PMs or emails through here at the moment but you can email me . I have removed the email addy now tho as I dont want heaps of spam!! lol! If you still need it ask Ali (moderator) she has it and can pass it on

Joanne

I don't know how to contact Ali the moderator? I am happy to email you (or vice versa) but don't know how to contact her? You are talking to a complete techno phobe here Joanne

I am finding the site frustrating as I can't seem to work my way around it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. We haven't got any kids here either and we are finding it difficult to meet anyone in the same situation. We are 43 and 52. We live in Wynnum and have been here for 8 months and like everyone else we are missing our social life. I wish it was easier!

Guest Louey
Hi. We haven't got any kids here either and we are finding it difficult to meet anyone in the same situation. We are 43 and 52. We live in Wynnum and have been here for 8 months and like everyone else we are missing our social life. I wish it was easier!

Hi Heidi

How are you? Are either of you on facebook? There is a group called the Brisbannittes on there that meets up every month I think. Their next meet is in Wynnum at the whale water park 11am till 2pm on Saturday 28th May 2011.

Here's the link to join the group

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_124151367642228&ap=1

We might see you there?

Guest Louey

Hi Heidi & Pete

We haven't been to one before this will be our first one. I think it's kind of upto you as to what you do for lunch, I believe there are BBQ's there to use, a fish and chip shop on the esplande or you can take a picnic. Think we will either take a picnic or go for the fish and chips.

Maybe see you there....if you join the group it gives you all the details.

Guest dangerous bryan

Hi

we are bryan and lorraine we live in victoria point not far from you we are in our forties .....and we would love to meet up with you both for a drink and chat to get to know you both

bryan & lorraine

Hello there

Heidi and Pete - Great that we can meet at Cafe Le Mer in Manly this coming Sunday 22nd). We both really look forward to meeting you guys and have a coffee............look out for a white dog (Ruby) as we often take her to this cafe as it is dog friendly.

Thanks for getting in touch - hope you got my private message

Kip and Dave

Great news that we are going to give it a second attempt this Friday at meeting up. I hear the fish and chips there are tip top.......

We hope you will both come back to ours for a cuppa - you are most welcome!

See you then (no trains to hold me back so just a short drive so no dramas should occur)

Thanks for driving out to see us both....we really apprecaite it

Kip and Dave

x

Glad you are managing to make the meet a week on Saturday. We are on for it and hoping to get fish and chips which is over the road. Just giving you the heads up (not sure if Angie eats fish?) but I can say the food is lovely if the place I am thinking is called The Pellican Nest?

See you there

Kip and Dave

PS Heidi and Pete and Joanne and Mark and Bryan and Lorraine - you are most welcome to this........it is British people just meeting up together at the park (check out Brisbannites group on facebook)

We have not been before so can't tell you much of how it works. We are just gonna rock up and look for lonely looking couples in search of friends!!!!!!! ha ha

Bryan and Lorraine - will pm you now

Kip and Dave

Archived