Is my Visa still valid?

Guest diamond1

Guest diamond1

I wonder if anyone can help me. I’m really ,really worried that I may be sent back to the UK. I came to South Australia on my boyfriends 119 Visa as a de facto partner, I met all the requirements at the time. After about 8 months our relationship ended and we separated. I am now worried that my visa is invalid, I am in full time employment and we don’t have any children. Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know what the protocol is, should I inform immigration about what has happened. I would really appreciate any advice on this.

It looks to me that the visa gives you PR and as such you won't be made to go home. Although you came on your partners skills the visa was also granted to you e.g. I was the main applicant for my PR visa and my hubby and children included. Someone with more knowledge may be able to give you a definate answer

Guest tlander56
I wonder if anyone can help me. I’m really ,really worried that I may be sent back to the UK. I came to South Australia on my boyfriends 119 Visa as a de facto partner, I met all the requirements at the time. After about 8 months our relationship ended and we separated. I am now worried that my visa is invalid, I am in full time employment and we don’t have any children. Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know what the protocol is, should I inform immigration about what has happened. I would really appreciate any advice on this.

Hi Guys,

De facto visas aren't always PR's.....I applied via my Aussie husband after we had been married 2 years. The case worker told me that normally a temp visa is given, then PR can be applied for at a later date (if we are still together) but as we had a son together she granted a PR straight off the bat. I don't think mine was a 119 either....I would get professional advice if I were you..

Tanya

Hi Guys,

De facto visas aren't always PR's.....I applied via my Aussie husband after we had been married 2 years. The case worker told me that normally a temp visa is given, then PR can be applied for at a later date (if we are still together) but as we had a son together she granted a PR straight off the bat. I don't think mine was a 119 either....I would get professional advice if I were you..

Tanya

In the situation described the OP didn't apply for a Defacto visa, she was added as a secondary applicant to her partner's RSMS visa - as such this wouldn't make her subject to the two year temporary rules that partner visas have (309/820).

My recommendation would be to check the stamp in your passport and see if it says "Can say in Australia Indefinitely" or something similar - that would equate to PR.

Guest tlander56
In the situation described the OP didn't apply for a Defacto visa, she was added as a secondary applicant to her partner's RSMS visa - as such this wouldn't make her subject to the two year temporary rules that partner visas have (309/820).

My recommendation would be to check the stamp in your passport and see if it says "Can say in Australia Indefinitely" or something similar - that would equate to PR.

Oh yes!, sorry...just re read the OP...Ignore my dribble :chatterbox:

Archived