Will be working in redland bay, where to live?

samshep

I'm a midwife with a job offer in Redland Bay and not sure where to live, have been recommended Cleveland and Wellington Point, any other ideas or thoughts on these places. I have a husband who's a bricky and plasterer and two children, who'll be 7 and 4 by the time we get there.

Thanks

Sam

:wink:

Hi Sam

You could live in Redland Bay :wink:

Redland Bay is a really nice suburb!! It's quieter, so if you are a party girl it might not suit, but for families it's great!! Rentals are cheaper there because it's not on the train line. Great access for the Gold Coast.

Honestly though - all the Bayside suburbs are great for families.

Victoria Point is one suburb up - only 5 mins though - from Redland Bay. It has a big shopping centre and cinema etc.

Then there's Thornlands, which is where I live. Thornlands is just houses really!! Not much else here, but as it's only 5 mins to either Victoria Point or Cleveland, it's not a problem.

Then comes Clevaland - probably the biggest of the Bayside suburbs.

Then Ormiston - my favourite Bayside suburb.

Wellington Point, Birkdale and Thorneside.

From those last 3 suburbs you are looking at a 25 - 30 minute drive to Redland Bay.

Just a quick question.....is your job offer actually in Redland Bay or at Redlands Hospital in Cleveland?

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Rudi,

Yes i will actually be at Mater private hosp in Cleveland, so we have a good scope of areas to live, need to think about schools but we are a young (ish) couple who like shops etc but also want a nice area for the children.

Thanks

Hi Sam

In that case I would look at Wellington Point first and then Victoria Point. Although Wellington Point doesn't have big department stores, but the vibe around there is lovely. Lots of street cafes etc. The big shopping centre at Capalaba is only 10 mins away, and another 10 mins on from there you have Carindale shopping centre which is HUGE!

Love

Rudi

X

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mipik

Hi Rudi,

I will just jump into this thread as I need advice about the same area as well.

We are looking for a nice area in Bayside close to facilities like library, shops, medical centres.

We are thinking about applying for a place in Sheldon for our daughter so a short drive to that school would be preffered. I've started working in Carbrook so most of Bayside suburbs are within easy commute.

I have done some driving around and I liked St. James park in Birkdale and we would be looking for a same type of property: larger blok, older house.

Any suggestions?

Hi I would say Cleveland, Thornlands, Victoria Point, Wellington Point.

We are in Thornlands, The choice of good schools in this area are great. My youngest (8) goes to the local state run school in Cleveland and my eldest (12) goes to Kimberely College in Carbrook.

As Rudi said the big shops in Capalaba are only 10-15 mins away for your shopping fix, but i really like the little shops in Cleveland and also the shopping centres at Victoria point. They're the ones I use the most.

Plenty of great parks and picnic areas and small beaches in this area for a good cheap day out with the family with free BBQ's and playgrounds. We love Wellington point for that.

Melanie x

Hi Rudi,

I will just jump into this thread as I need advice about the same area as well.

We are looking for a nice area in Bayside close to facilities like library, shops, medical centres.

We are thinking about applying for a place in Sheldon for our daughter so a short drive to that school would be preffered. I've started working in Carbrook so most of Bayside suburbs are within easy commute.

I have done some driving around and I liked St. James park in Birkdale and we would be looking for a same type of property: larger blok, older house.

Any suggestions?

If memory serves me correctly, St James Park has the small acreage properties doesn't it?

If you are looking to live in Birkdale, I would be looking at Ormiston College or Redlands College as well as Sheldon - they would be much closer.

If that's the sort of property you are looking for, have a look at the Sheldon and Capalaba acreage. Acreage properties at the southern end of Thornlands and into Victoria Point and Redland Bay.

As Melanie say, Wellington Point is also lovely, as are Ormiston and Cleveland, but I don't think you would pick up the acreage properties for the same sort of price as the other suburbs I've mentioned.

Hope that helps.

Love

Rudi

x

PS Have you visited Sheldon school? If you want to talk about schools more privately, please send me a PM - but you may have to post a few more times to be able to PM people!!

Guest mipik

Thank you Melanie and Rudi for the replies.

If memory serves me correctly, St James Park has the small acreage properties doesn't it?

If that's the sort of property you are looking for, have a look at the Sheldon and Capalaba acreage. Acreage properties at the southern end of Thornlands and into Victoria Point and Redland Bay.

Hope that helps.

Love

Rudi

x

PS Have you visited Sheldon school? If you want to talk about schools more privately, please send me a PM - but you may have to post a few more times to be able to PM people!!

Yep, that is what we are looking for, maybe not quite an acre but at least more than a 1/4th.

Will continue looking in these areas.

As to the school itself we did visit and met the Principal.

We are moving here from South Oz and it looks like and feels the closest to what we are leaving there. Hopefully it will work out OK.

Thank you again.

Archived