The Canopy Treehouse Cairns Tablelands

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Just wanted to say we stayed here a couple of weeks ago http://www.canopytreehouses.com.au and it was simply stunning, if you have friends or relatives over and you want them to see, hold Australian Wildlife then it's definitely the best place to go and the hosts David and Sharon are wonderful.

treehouse.jpg

We saw Cassowaries, Pademelons, Possums (actually came on sat on your knee), Australian Parrots, Honeyeaters, turtles etc.

We have already emailed to see if they have any dates available for a return visit:biggrin::wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen
Looks stunning.

All those windows though would make you feel like someone was watching you.

It's in the middle of a rainforest the only thing watching you is the eyes of the possums when they sit there waiting for their fruit:laugh:

Guest siamsusie
It's in the middle of a rainforest the only thing watching you is the eyes of the possums when they sit there waiting for their fruit:laugh:

I didnt realise you had Pademelons there, ours are very cheeky!

That looks amazing and you wouldnt get me out of the bath:jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen
That looks amazing and you wouldnt get me out of the bath:jiggy:

Umm best not mention the bath:biggrin: The song I'm forever blowing bubbles springs to mind:chatterbox:

Guest siamsusie
Cheeky mare:laugh:

I don't have the photo to hand but it was something more like this:

2077839856_707186ca14.jpg

:huh::skeptical: you still do d'em fings? I have to say I am pretty disgusted with myself ruining such a beautiful thread !:frown: so sorry

Guest guest36762

I thought I recognised that place. I stayed there 13 years ago when it was called Fur'n' feathers.

It was amazing, have they tamed that cassowary yet?

Guest The Pom Queen
I thought I recognised that place. I stayed there 13 years ago when it was called Fur'n' feathers.

It was amazing, have they tamed that cassowary yet?

Yes it was Fur n Feathers and won quite a few awards.

There is a cassowary there not tame but not nasty either. He comes back every year with his babies. He walked past us under the tree house and didn't care at all.

Guest The Pom Queen
Any snakes ?

I suppose there will be but they say there has never been any in the accommodation and we didn't see any at all despite looking for them.

Guest The Pom Queen

I don't mind snakes as long as they keep their distance lol. In fact we back on to a rainforest and haven't had any, only a Lace Monitor that keeps coming to visit.

Archived