Point Cook

BenandLou

Hi Gincom11,

Take a look at campsites - they are fab here and often have cabins which are grand for temporary accommdation for a few weeks. Great with kids as there are the facilities that can be used. I think BIG4 and Ashley Gardens are worth a look. We have booked a cabin for when we visit Melbourne for a recci (mvoing over from Adelaide). Just a thought, and perhaps worth considering!

Thanks for this info.

I was in touch with an estate agent in Point Cook. She said there is 350 homes for rent at the moment that we wont have a problem getting one to rent long term. She mailed me an application form and said if I can get someone to go view it for me we can set it up that way.

I have looked at some of these houses and they are fab. Having said that they seem to be in one area of Point Cook. A lot of empty homes in one area is worrying ??

Ideally we would like a home close to the railway station (won't have a car for the first few months), shopping centre and in a catchment area for a good primary and secondary school.

Can anyone advise on any area's that would suit us.

Thanks

Where abouts are these houses you mention? We need to start looking as we are heading to PC next year..

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.564007,0.664309

- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, The estate agent is "Barry Plant" (Point Cook). They were very helpful. I had looked at the usual realeatate...domain.etc, there is a map of all the properties on it, most are nearer to the town centre and looking at the pics and street view the area's look empty (lot's of unfinished homes and building work going on). Don't know how up to date the street view is though. From what I can make out, Seabrook has been recommended for good schools ( found this info on this site) and also near the Laverton railway station but is away from the town centre...

I need more information on this. We are heading over October. Can anyone living in the area help me out please...

Guest GAZZA1000

live in Point Cook, lots of new estates being built and not all finished but all housing around PC shopping Centre is complete so Street View must be out of date. Point Cook is near Aircraft & Laverton Train stations although you would have to drive to both ( Would also have to get there early to commute to CBD as parking at the stations is a big issue but council looking at improving it )

Seabrook & Point Cook Primary schools are reckoned to be the best ( although my daughter goes to Seabrook and I cant say I am that impressed with it )

More facilities being built in PC all the time and more in the planning stages ( eg schools )

There is now a huge choice of rentals in the area which is driving down the rental prices which is great - you can get a newly built house for $350-500 per week depending on number of bedrooms / area

Gazza1000

Guest GAZZA1000

forgot to add legally Estate agents cannot let you take on a property unless you have viewed it before signing up for it - not sure if you can get someone to view it on your behalf

From experience avoid Ray White RE as they are hopeless

Archived