overweight and medicals

sunnysun

Can anyone help. i'm several stone overweight, no other medical conditions and now panicking about the medicals.

Has anyone ever failed a medical for being overweight?

Think i'll have to start a crash diet on monday or cut off a limb!

many thanks

I did read it generally isn't an issue. Plenty of overweight people get visas.

Someone did post something about a BMI of over a certain amount might be a concern but not sure what that amount was.

Guest NeilEB

Basically the more overweight you are, the more checks they do, but as long as you don't have heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes it's not an issue.

That's my understanding anyway

Guest perth42

That was me...

Healthy range is above 18.5 and below 25.

Overweight range is 25-30

Class I obesity 30-35

Class II obesity 35-40

Class III obesity above 40* (this is commonly refereed to as morbid obesity)

To work out your bmi you need to convert your weight to kg and height to metres. Then divide your kg by your height squared.. If youre struggling to work it out pm me and I'll work it out for you and try and help you with suggestions to drop a few kg... (your friendly nutritionist :wink: ) When are your medicals?

That was me...

Healthy range is above 18.5 and below 25.

Overweight range is 25-30

Class I obesity 30-35

Class II obesity 35-40

Class III obesity above 40* (this is commonly refereed to as morbid obesity)

To work out your bmi you need to convert your weight to kg and height to metres. Then divide your kg by your height squared.. If youre struggling to work it out pm me and I'll work it out for you and try and help you with suggestions to drop a few kg... (your friendly nutritionist :wink: ) When are your medicals?

Thanks, put my mind at rest, going to get on my bike this weekend, as every little lost helps.

Archived