New to site - Where to get documents certified

Kellex

Hi

We are currently in the process of applying for visa 176 skilled sponsored

Kelly (34) Alex (34) Gracie (2)

We have submitted all the paperwork to the Victoria State for sponsorship so now awaiting the decision.

My husband's job comes under telecommunications linesworker and I am now sorting out all the paperwork to get his skills assessed by TRA.

Has anyone recently submitted documents or can anyone advise where or who can certify the relevant documents? have tried my local police station but they are not willing to help!

My cousin is a police officer in Essex but i'm not sure if this would be acceptable? do the documents need to be stamped?

Any other advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest NeilEB

I used a solicitor friend.

She didn't stamp it, just signed it and out her firm on it.

I think you can go to any solicitors and they'll sign it - for a small fee

TRA docs need signing by a Justice of the peace, Magistrate, Solicitor or Notary Public. I used a Solicitor who charged £50 for 6 Statutory declaration witnessing and certifying 38 copies of documents. Shop around because some want silly money ! It should be say "certifying it is a true copy" and be signed and dated. It must show the solicitors name as well as the practice contact details so they can check if they want to. Most solicitors have a stamp to make it quicker !

You may find VIC chasing the skills assessment fairly soon !

HTH

Guest NeilEB

Interesting - as I said, my friend didn't stmap it, but she wrote the words "certifying it's a true copy" or "certifying it's an original document", signed it and added her name and practice info.

Interesting - as I said, my friend didn't stmap it, but she wrote the words "certifying it's a true copy" or "certifying it's an original document", signed it and added her name and practice info.

You beat me to this before I edited my post ! You are right in that the stamping is optional I think :biggrin:

Hi Chardy

Thanks for that info will call round some solicitors sharpish

Have you applied for VIC state sponsorship? where are you hoping to move to?

I couldn't see telecoms technician on the skilled occupation list which is why we thought telecoms linesworker?

Sorry ignore my last post re telecoms tech! did see that but thought linesworker job description suited his work more, he has had lots of varied jobs so hard to pin down exactly which job title his would be.

Sorry ignore my last post re telecoms tech! did see that but thought linesworker job description suited his work more, he has had lots of varied jobs so hard to pin down exactly which job title his would be.

No probs. Make sure you find the full description for the occupation yau are asking to be assessed to be sure his skills and experience match it.

Telecoms tech was on VIC but the processing times seemed to be longer than others so we have decided on WA. TRA app is all hard copy, I'm afraid which takes 4 days to get to oz with DHL ! Here to help if I can !

Justin

Hi

Yes VIC seem to be taking a bit longer than expected but we have family there and been a few times so know the area, my husband had to re do his CV as well for the application so that has slowed down the application.

I did really want to get everything in before the 1st July but may not make this deadline!

Have everything ready for TRA just need to get the documents certified now

Will double check the job descriptions to make sure he is applying for the right trade as well

Hope your TRA decision doesn't take too long

Thanks for your help

• 1 month later...
Guest summerbabe69

Hi Kelly,

My hubby is also a Telecoms linesworker. We are going to start the process soon. How much was the first payment that you had to make?

Are you using an Agent? I really would appreciate any help at all that you can give.

Thanks so much

xx

Hi Summerbabe

Have you applied for state sponsorship yet? which state are you applying to?

The first payment you will need to make is to TRA to get your husbands skills assessed, this was approx 300 AUD I think.

We are not using an agent they charge alot of money! what I would say is if you have the time and are ok with paperwork then you will be fine doing it yourselves.

We have just had TRA come back successful and we are now in the process of applying for the 176 visa online as this needs to be in before the 1st July as they close applications for a few months to re assess everything and I believe there is going to be alot of changes made to the points system.

I am more than happy to help you with anything you need to know just send me a private message if you like.

Good luck

Kelly

Hi Summerbabe,

TRA is indeed $300.

You will deffo be under the new points system so depending on your OH's experience and age he may have to do an IELTS test too. It may be worth hanging on until after 1st July to see what other changes come into play if any !

Happy to help guide you through too as my Telecoms Technician trade isn't a million miles from a line worker.

Go for the agent if you a) have the money, b)don't like paperwork, or c) don't have much spare time but DIY isn't too easy as long as there is nothing odd to deal with.

Justin

Archived