Canberra ACT SMP Question

sohc

Hi All, I'm in the process of applying for ACT SMP I have the following already

1. Positive ACS Assessment as Systems Admin which is currently Open in ACT
  2. IELTS Band of 8.5
  3. All papers required by SMP

The remaining problem I have is the letter explaining why I prefer ACT over Sydney where my brother and sisters lives. I've been to Canberra last August 2010 where I visited Parliament and War Memorial which actually helps as my evidence of personal research of their lifestyle.

Does it create a problem if I have relatives in Sydney? I am thinking of factors such as:

• It is near Snowy Mountain where I can do snowboarding as my hobby which I did last visit. Since wake boarding is my hobby here in my country
  • I used to work with a partner company located in Canberra
  • The place I am living right now is less crowded wherein I believe ACT has also less population compare to Sydney.

Any comments? Is there any proof that having relatives in other territory will have negative result? or is it better since they can help me.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nknash

Hi,

Thought I would reply in case you are still looking for some help with your question. We applied for SMP with ACT and also have family in Sydney, it didn't cause us any problems.

We wrote a seperate letter regarding family members in another state (as the SMP guidelines ask for) and detailed how our preference was ACT and how this would still put us in a good location to visit family members in Sydney as they have a train line with a direct route to Sydney wich only takes a couple of hours. We also highlighted a few points why Sydney was not the city for us.

They didn't question anything at all and we had the SMP granted so all was good, hope this helps put your mind at rest!

Wow nknash thanks for the info :biggrin:. May I know how long it took for the sponsorship application? Yes there's a train and it's just 2 hours away when we travelled from Sydney to ACT. :cute:

Archived