Stamp Duty in the UK

christopher

I am just wondering if anyone on here knows the rules with Stamp Duty in the UK.

My wife and I will be buying a house outright on our return next month, now I have had 2 mortgages in the UK, one on my own and one with my wife but we sold up in 2008. Now I have heard that if you haven't had a home loan (or your names on deeds) in the last 3 years you are actually classed as first home buyers and the stamp duty limit goes up to 250,000 pounds instead of 125,000?

is this true?

I am just wondering if anyone on here knows the rules with Stamp Duty in the UK.

My wife and I will be buying a house outright on our return next month, now I have had 2 mortgages in the UK, one on my own and one with my wife but we sold up in 2008. Now I have heard that if you haven't had a home loan (or your names on deeds) in the last 3 years you are actually classed as first home buyers and the stamp duty limit goes up to 250,000 pounds instead of 125,000?

is this true?

you don't count as a first home buyer if you have purchased a property anywhere in the world. So if you bought here in Oz you will not count.

If you buy in an area with low incomes & high unemployment you may get 0% stamp duty.

Guest peacock
you don't count as a first home buyer if you have purchased a property anywhere in the world. So if you bought here in Oz you will not count.

If you buy in an area with low incomes & high unemployment you may get 0% stamp duty.

Well thats just about everywhere in the UK then , lol

Archived