question about spouse visa !

judyq

Hi. just returned from our reccie and now its all systems go! I have an Australian passport despite being born in uk. My partner is English.

I have been looking at the sponser form for what feels like hours now and am a little concerned about how i can prove i will support her. The paperwork asks how much money i earn, what i am taking etc and i am concerned they will not think it is enough.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. We are all in the uk and will have money from the sale of our house but not sure how much we need!!

Thanks

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry mate i don't know the answer to this i have bumped it up to the front, hopefully you will get a reply, best of luck.

Hi. just returned from our reccie and now its all systems go! I have an Australian passport despite being born in uk. My partner is English.

I have been looking at the sponser form for what feels like hours now and am a little concerned about how i can prove i will support her. The paperwork asks how much money i earn, what i am taking etc and i am concerned they will not think it is enough.

Any advice on this would be appreciated. We are all in the uk and will have money from the sale of our house but not sure how much we need!!

Thanks

Hi, our situation is much the same as yours, DH being the Brit/Aussie. There is not required amount for savings etc. We only showed about £3000 in savings when we applied. To show he could support me we sent both of our CV's & P60's for the last few years to show we were both working in the UK & that we were willing and able (from our work experience & quals) to work in Aus to support each other.

Said as much in our statements too and mentioned that there was more family in Australia that could help & support us if needed until we found work. Was not asked for additional info on this and I got my visa.

Archived