Medical referred? What now?

jonneeb

Hi,

After completing all the Medicals, PCC's etc.

Medicals arrived in Sydney nice and quickly, wifey and childrens medicals all OK but mine, main applicant, have been referred,

I assume it's because I'm on some prescription meds which the Dr. at the Medicals said was absolutely fine but he asked for supporting info from consultant. Duly supplied this from my own Dr. and sent to Meds centre for despatch with results.

Visa agent says the medicals are the property of the SA government, fair enough, and I havbe to wait for the outcome! Not helpful when I asked what the reason may be.

Emailed CO, automated response.

Does anyone ahve any advice etc. about medical referrals? Why they get referred, duration for a resolution? Visa denied??

Starting to think it could all go down the pan.

Thanks.

Guest Eve84

Our sons meds were referred and declined Because of his learning problems, not medication, I think they just have to satisfy criteria regarding your health and that you won't need benefits in the future. I obviously don't know your med history but you would know the answer to that

We had four weeks to supply additional information, Our sons were then cleared after just a few weeks so hopefully you won't have to wait long.

Hope this helps a little

Good luck

V

Ping Pommer

Our sons meds were referred and declined Because of his learning problems, not medication, I think they just have to satisfy criteria regarding your health and that you won't need benefits in the future. I obviously don't know your med history but you would know the answer to that

We had four weeks to supply additional information, Our sons were then cleared after just a few weeks so hopefully you won't have to wait long.

Hope this helps a little

Good luck

V

Ping Pommer

Hi,

Meds are for mild heart palpitations, prescribed in 2009, no recurrence or increase in strength required since then.

Otherwise, very healthy, apart from doubt about this!

Thanks for the advice.

Jon

Nothing to be alarmed about. Anything out of the ordinary is "referred". It just means that an actual Medical person will read the report and make the decision rather than just being accepted by the clerk who inputs it. They might ask for additional information but if the supporting info from the consultant is already included they probably won't.

Mine took about 2 weeks from referral with no additional information requested (as the Doctor who did the medicals did all the extra blood tests he knew would be required [i've type 1 Diabetes] and had included them already) but how long it takes all depends on the workload in the medical department at the time.

Nothing to be alarmed about. Anything out of the ordinary is "referred". It just means that an actual Medical person will read the report and make the decision rather than just being accepted by the clerk who inputs it. They might ask for additional information but if the supporting info from the consultant is already included they probably won't.

Mine took about 2 weeks from referral with no additional information requested (as the Doctor who did the medicals did all the extra blood tests he knew would be required [i've type 1 Diabetes] and had included them already) but how long it takes all depends on the workload in the medical department at the time.

Hi Ken,

OK, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

I'll take myself off and give myself a good talking to and calm down then!

Many thanks

Jonneeb

Medicals appear to be routinely referred also so dont worry. There is a post somewhere asking how long for meds to be finalised, looks like they are taking 3-4wks approx. one of ours was referred 22 march, still waiting for it to be finalised but will expect it to be a couple more weeks yet.

Goodluck with your application.

Guest jigarercivil

Dont worry its normal process.. due to rush of the applicants its taking much time to finalized... Mine referred on 2nd march and finalized on 24th march.. if it will take time then send mail to HOC Australia

Medicals are usually referred if there's anything highlighted on them, it means that they then get assessed by a Dr. of the Commonwealth. It's important that if you have had a medical condition to supply as much information as you can as this reduces the chance that they will ask for further information. I had a friend who was requested to have further tests because of her BP which was raised at the medical (never been a problem before). My son and I had both had renal investigations - supplied all the info from our consultants with the medicals and they were processed about 7 - 10 days after my hubby and daughter.

Archived