Vet assess - Program and Projects Admin

Amy79

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm collating everything to go for a VETASSESS skills assessment for Progam and Project Administrator.

I have working in marketing roles for 10 years, but in all of them I have managed projects e.g. created & maintained project plans and other documentation, completed status reports, dealt with questions about the project, presented to senior managers about the projects, worked with suppliers and other teams to deliver the projects.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience of going through VETASSESS for this role and what sort of things are they specifically asking for? I could write pages but want to make sure that my CV / application has the key words they are looking for.

Many thanks Amy

Hiya

I've applied for my 176 State Sponsored visa today as a Project and Program Administrator so I went through the whole Vetassess thing last year. The form is fairly easy to fill in, and you just need a brief description of your job role. My agent sent me this which I found to be quite useful as a guide on what was expected. I hope that this helps you.

Occupation Detail for 3292-11 Project or Program Administrator

Tasks:

• coordinating activities to ensure that objectives of the organisation and office are met
  • liaising with professionals, owners, other departments and personnel to ensure that goals are met
  • advising senior management on matters requiring attention and implementing their decisions
  • setting, reviewing and controlling office functions
  • developing, reviewing and negotiating variations to contracts, programs, projects and services
  • responding to inquiries and resolving problems concerning contracts, programs, projects, services provided, and persons affected
  • managing paperwork associated with contracts, programs, projects and services provided
  • working with Project Managers, Architects, Engineering Professionals, owners and others to ensure that goals are met
  • overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
  • preparing and reviewing submissions and reports concerning the organisation's activities
  • collecting and analysing data associated with projects undertaken, and reporting on project outcomes
  • reviewing and arranging new office accommodation

Thanks so much, I can tick off most of those. There are one or two which I can't such as reviewing & arranging new office accomodation.

Do you have to demonstrate that you've done every one or just most of them?

Good luck with your visa app!

Thanks. I do have my fingers crossed that all goes well.

I didn't mention all of them - I made about 5 points, referring to most of them but like you haven't arranged new office accommodation! If you can describe most of them then I can't see it being that much of a problem. I don't think that there are many people who can honestly say that they have done everything on the list.

• 2 months later...
Guest Zarya

Hello you peeps !

Amy - how did you go with Vetassess?

My question is, how exactly do they assess you ? Just wondering !

Lou :0)

Hi Lou, I submitted my vetassess on 4th April online and then couriered all the certified docs and they arrived 14th April, so I'm still waiting to hear back. They are saying anything between 12-16 weeks for a response if yo have a straight forward case - which I hope mine is!

My understanding is that they check the qualifications you have are equivalent to Australian and they check that the job you are doing and amount of experience you have corresponds to the requirements of the role you are being assessed for. You have to submit loads of paperwork, references from work, CV, job descriptions, contract of employment, payslips, tax returns.

Good luck!

Guest Zarya

Fingers crossed for you with that then! :0)

I read through the Vetassess form properly tonight and have no idea where I'm going to start in terms of getting this together ! LOL!

Am I right in thinking that the evidence only needs to relate to the jobs that are relevant to your assessment?

For info, I will be going for the same occupation as you...

Yes, my understanding is that evidence just needed to demonstrate the jobs that relate to the role you're getting assessed - you don't need to include documentation for your whole career - unless all your jobs relate to the skill being assessed

Guest Zarya

Hey Amy :0)

What are you doing as a job just now out of interest? I hadn't realised until you posted that SA had opened up the Program/Project role for SS so am happy that I have another option, although I think I will still probably go for ACT as it's closer to where I want to be long term. I say that, but I like the idea of Adelaide too! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zarya

Ok, so having dug around again, I think I'm all set to fail at the skills assessment stage.

I have a BTEC National Diploma (Level III here in the UK), but understand that this has been mapped as equivalent to a Cert IV, and therefore not at a suitable for my nominated occupation. Program / Project Administrator sits in VETASSESS group C, thus requiring atleast an Australian Diploma or equivalent.

My area of study (Science, with Sports Studies) bears no real relevance to my job, and as such, I would have been relying on my experience in that respect, however I imagine that counts for naff all given the qualification situation.

I also have more relevant NVQ II's that I did through work, and have professional qualifications as a Six Sigma Green Belt and PRINCE2 Practitioner. But can't see how they will help either as it stands.

Are VETASSESS absolutely black and white on these things? Am I totally screwed?!

Guest The Resolute

Hiya!:smile:

Good question. I have an unrelated degree, Prince2 certificates and working towards APM qualifications. I read somewhere Vetassess values evidence of professional development, but... is it true? :confused:

Cheers

Guest Zarya
Hiya!:smile:

Good question. I have an unrelated degree, Prince2 certificates and working towards APM qualifications. I read somewhere Vetassess values evidence of professional development, but... is it true? :confused:

Cheers

An unrelated Bachelors degree will be ok if you have enough relevant experience...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest skssmith
Ok, so having dug around again, I think I'm all set to fail at the skills assessment stage.

I have a BTEC National Diploma (Level III here in the UK), but understand that this has been mapped as equivalent to a Cert IV, and therefore not at a suitable for my nominated occupation. Program / Project Administrator sits in VETASSESS group C, thus requiring atleast an Australian Diploma or equivalent.

My area of study (Science, with Sports Studies) bears no real relevance to my job, and as such, I would have been relying on my experience in that respect, however I imagine that counts for naff all given the qualification situation.

I also have more relevant NVQ II's that I did through work, and have professional qualifications as a Six Sigma Green Belt and PRINCE2 Practitioner. But can't see how they will help either as it stands.

Are VETASSESS absolutely black and white on these things? Am I totally screwed?!

Hi there,

I have a PMP, Master's Certificate in Project Management and an unrelated undergraduate degree with a few years of solid PM/Project Administration experience and several years where it was a good part of my job, but not my official title. When I asked Vetassess, they said that they did not have a lot of experience with PMP as a credential proper, so I had my previous related courses and work samples assessed by an Australian Educational Provider (Bayley & Associates) for prior learning and was awarded a Diploma in Project Management. (2 thousand AUD $ later) I understand that this will be recognized by Vetassess. I submitted my application back on March 8 and had my paper work in approx. March 29. As of yesterday, I went from 'Active' to *Current* Assessment "Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified." So, I'm thinking I'll find out any day now and will share my outcome. Vetassess appears to have a new Advisory service, so it might be worth the money to look into whether your credentials would be recognized in advance of paying the full fee or getting your AQF equivalent from Australia. Good luck!

Guest Zarya

Ok - this is interesting news... Did Bayley's simply award the diploma based on recognition of prior learning then? What did you have to actually do to arrive at the diploma that you needed?

I was considering going to Oz as a student, but that is considerably more expensive the earning an equivalent qual over here. The downside of doing it here is the time spent learning / applying, as opposed to actually getting there.

Keep us posted yeah? Good luck with your app :0)

Guest skssmith
Ok - this is interesting news... Did Bayley's simply award the diploma based on recognition of prior learning then? What did you have to actually do to arrive at the diploma that you needed?

I was considering going to Oz as a student, but that is considerably more expensive the earning an equivalent qual over here. The downside of doing it here is the time spent learning / applying, as opposed to actually getting there.

Keep us posted yeah? Good luck with your app :0)

--

Hi Zarya,

Bayley's awarded the Diploma based on work samples, transcripts from prior courses related to project management, PMP certification, etc. and employer reference verification. If they had found any deficiencies (which they did not) I would have had to complete online course modules but my work samples and were sufficient. Please note, I checked with DIAC and if you do online work from overseas, they do not recognize it for points for having studied in Australia because you were not technically studying in the country... There are several education providers that provide AQF recognition for prior learning. Bayley's quote came in at a reasonable price and their level of customer service was most excellent. Good luck, I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...
Guest skssmith

Hi there,

Yes, After 6 + months and a request for urgency due to my husband turning 40 next May, got a positive result letter. YAY! FYI, they only credited my Australian AQF equivalent education and years of closely related work experience. Not my PMP. I will be the secondary applicant on my husbands application. We applied for SS in August, so still waiting to hear.

Archived