Shipping from Ireland

Guest stoorob

Guest stoorob

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good and reliable shipping company from the Republic or Ireland? Although we're from Scotland I'm currently working in Cork and most of our belongings are here, so makes sense to ship from here too.

We don't have a lot to take (keeping a house in Scotland and will be able to store some non-essential in the loft) maybe 1-2 cbm (not much really, just extra clothes and electrical stuff)

Thanks,

Stu

Hi Stu

We live in the North and are having the packers in on Monday. I know from talking to the guy who came to estimate the size of container we would need that they also do a lot of removals from the South. They are called McGimpsey's and they are from Bangor. A few people we know have used them and say they are very good. Will know on Monday.

Liz x

Guest MontyClaude

Hi Stoorob,

It depends on what you want really. We live in Kildare and are moving our stuff in Sep / Oct. We've been quoted between €1650 and €4700. The cheapest is a basic container, we pack it and they put it on a ship here and leave it in the port in Melbourne, doens't include insurance, fumigation, customs, delivery in Melbourne etc. The expensive quote included getting our stuff packed here, all paperwork handled and delivered at the other end. We've found with everything lately that every company will match the best quote so go for the company you want and get quotes from them all :)

Guest mbutley

Hi Try AMC Removals in Naas they ship all over Ireland to anywhere in the World..

ADMIN NOTE: ** The above post originates from the same IP address as several other users who have also registered to promote the same company. rolleyes.gif

Hi Stu

We live in the North and are having the packers in on Monday. I know from talking to the guy who came to estimate the size of container we would need that they also do a lot of removals from the South. They are called McGimpsey's and they are from Bangor. A few people we know have used them and say they are very good. Will know on Monday.

Liz x

Hi Liz

We will also be shipping from the North, and just wondering were you shipping to Perth as well. Did you get quotes from anyone besides mcgimpseys? Will you let me know how it work out?

Thanks

Grainne

• 11 months later...
Guest ausinuk
Hi Liz

We will also be shipping from the North, and just wondering were you shipping to Perth as well. Did you get quotes from anyone besides mcgimpseys? Will you let me know how it work out?

Thanks

Grainne

Hi

I would also be interested in prices I have been quoted £3899 for a 3 bedroomed house is that about right??

Hi ausinuk We went with McGimpsey's and they were really good. The boys on the Ireland side worked like trogan's. Never stopped from they came in to they left. All our things arrived in Perth in one piece. Not one thing broken. It will be a year from we arrived on 2 April so prices will probably have risen a little but that sounds about right. I think our fee was around £3500 (3 bedroom detached). Don't forget that there is also an additional fee to be paid when you get here. It is called Bill of Landing. Our fee for that was £440.00 sterling plus $120.00 to Quarantine for sterilizing a few pairs of riding boots ect. By the way they were clean but they are very fussy about animal equipment. Good luck with the move.

Liz x

PS Friends of ours also used them and were very happy with the service.

Murta what size container are you getting? Did I read your post right, around £4500 for a 4 bedroom house? :)

yes GilraenH 4 bed 4337 for 20ft and 6249 for 40ft )this is way to big for us so but as I said I over loaded the inventory with stuff and they quoted me 40 ft but said if I shave of 130 cubic feet could squeeze it in. Now you still have to pay extra for customs 20ft between $450-600 and 40ft 650 and 950. Insurance optional extra again.

This was from McGimpsey as I had read the threads extensively and they seem to be the recommended one. Based in Bangor. You could ask around to see if people want to share a container..you never know whos local to you heading to the same area around the same time. We are Sydney/Brisbane undecided and realistically at least 18mths before we could go.

Murta

Guest ausinuk
yea thats about right, I got a quote of simply everything and we are a 4 bed and it was aboit 600 than that so spot on!

Murta

Thanks Murta for your reply. When are you thinking of travelling?

Guest ausinuk
Hi ausinuk We went with McGimpsey's and they were really good. The boys on the Ireland side worked like trogan's. Never stopped from they came in to they left. All our things arrived in Perth in one piece. Not one thing broken. It will be a year from we arrived on 2 April so prices will probably have risen a little but that sounds about right. I think our fee was around £3500 (3 bedroom detached). Don't forget that there is also an additional fee to be paid when you get here. It is called Bill of Landing. Our fee for that was £440.00 sterling plus $120.00 to Quarantine for sterilizing a few pairs of riding boots ect. By the way they were clean but they are very fussy about animal equipment. Good luck with the move.

Liz x

PS Friends of ours also used them and were very happy with the service.

Thanks for your reply, makes me feel better as it seems a fair quote. We are travelling in June so it is all go on this side sorting things out.

yes GilraenH 4 bed 4337 for 20ft and 6249 for 40ft )this is way to big for us so but as I said I over loaded the inventory with stuff and they quoted me 40 ft but said if I shave of 130 cubic feet could squeeze it in. Now you still have to pay extra for customs 20ft between $450-600 and 40ft 650 and 950. Insurance optional extra again.

This was from McGimpsey as I had read the threads extensively and they seem to be the recommended one. Based in Bangor. You could ask around to see if people want to share a container..you never know whos local to you heading to the same area around the same time. We are Sydney/Brisbane undecided and realistically at least 18mths before we could go.

Murta

Thank you for all the info!!!

We will be going from Downpatrick area, if and when we get sorted. Do you know where they ship from? Belfast or Dublin?

Murta

Called into see Catriona today as I was in Bangor for a meeting. She will do me a quote for 40ft and car in it and let me know. She is lovely and very helpful. :biggrin:

Archived