Return Visa Subclass 100

Georgie

I couldnt wait to get back to England and although we are settled and have bought a house i cant help thinking that we should extend my hubbys visa just in case we want to return to Oz as now i am back i can definately see the positives of Australia!

He went out there on a Subclass 100 permanent spouse visa but it expires in Nov 2012. He was supposed to apply for a return resident visa whilst still in Oz but when we left we didnt ever contemplate returning so didnt bother as it was a long way off to expiring anyway.

I have looked on line and cant figure out if he should apply for the subclas 151, 155 or other.

We lived there for 3 years from August 2006 to Sept 2009. I also left my bank account opened just in case.

Does anyone know the correct way to apply.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

thank you for your reply. I had put it to the back of my mind until hubby mentioned it again this morning.

He has sat his test in Oz and passed but we couldnt wait to do the citizen ceremony as we wanted to return to UK quickly and thinking it would be staright forward to get back again as me and the kids are citizens of Australia (dual UK).

I have looked at the info you posted and you have to be in Oz to become a citizen. His Spouse visa actually runs out Nov 2011 so we will not get back by then. Please if anyone knows can you apply for it from UK AFTER it runs out (as very expensive just to do it and not actually use it as its all up in the air at the moment and we dont really know what to do) or can you just turn up in the country and go straight to immigration to reapply or do you have to go through the application from scratch and give prrof of relationship and everything we had to get in the beginning?. No specific answers to my questions are on the Immi web sites.

Thank you for your help

Archived