Taking a parent on a 457 as a dependent

gsaps

I'm in the same boat as a lot of members, my mom who is 66 (dad is deceased) would love to be coming with us. Have any members successfully included a parent as a dependent on a 457 visa?

She has some money (£50000) but no property and no income and at 66 not many prospects for employment (she can also not claim any financial support and has no pension)

My brother is a mature student with no income so I am only earner who could support her.

Any advice or help from anyone who has done this or is doing it would-be greatly appreciated or indeed from anyone with any relevant knowledge

Thanks

Grant

I'm in the same boat as a lot of members, my mom who is 66 (dad is deceased) would love to be coming with us. Have any members successfully included a parent as a dependent on a 457 visa?

She has some money (£50000) but no property and no income and at 66 not many prospects for employment (she can also not claim any financial support and has no pension)

My brother is a mature student with no income so I am only earner who could support her.

Any advice or help from anyone who has done this or is doing it would-be greatly appreciated or indeed from anyone with any relevant knowledge

Thanks

Grant

Does she live with you? Is she currently dependent on you? If the answer to those questions is yes then in theory she could be sponsored as a dependent. If the question to either of them is no then you may have a hard time proving it.

Archived