Lawn Care...How Much ???

foy465

we will be moving into our long term rental soon, but under the rental agreement, we are required to maintain the lawns, the question I have is how much do you think it would be for someone to cut the lawns for me ? the total grass area is approx 1.5 acre, and how often do you think the grass needs cutting out here in QLD ?

sorry to sound daft asking the question, but only just arriving here, unsure to the answers.

trying to work out if it would be cheaper for me to buy a ride on mower

many thanks in advance :biggrin:

You would probably be better buying a second hand ride on,if you can afford one with a catcher it makes your life easier. Ebay and Trading post will be best for a second hand one.

Prices vary lots depending on company, and in summer it will probably need cutting every other week due to the rain, its amazing how quick it grows. Throughout winter you will probably get away with once a month.

Cal x

Cal x

Guest guest30038

Only invest in a ride on if you intend buying acreage later, unless your long term is really loooooooooong term.

The average round here is about $45 an hour. It won't need much cutting in winter but it could need doing fortnightly in the wet.

kev

Guest Guest40285
Only invest in a ride on if you intend buying acreage later, unless your long term is really loooooooooong term.

The average round here is about $45 an hour. It won't need much cutting in winter but it could need doing fortnightly in the wet.

kev

Yep what Kev said to a certain degree, I have a mowing and landscaping business and had it for the last 12 years or so on and off in between being a single Dad, $45 an hour is cheap as.... and un heard of in the Byron Shire. ( NSW ) if you can get it, there are ride ons and there are ride ons you get what you pay for, I have two zero turns one big mother for acearage work and another for smaller more domestic stuff, close to $35 grands worth of gear. I would get someone to do it as a decent realiable mower for your needs will be a fair wack of cash, Most of us contractors love a deal for cash, good luck with it all champ.

Happy days

Cheers Matt

Cheers Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kangomik

1.5 acre, you would be better burning it off once a year.......... Only joking. Jims charge 50 bux an hour where we live.

Does it grow fast up there? Crikey that could cost.

Archived