Question for ABC Diamond - Making the move to OZ

Guest forshac

Guest forshac

Hi ABC,

I see that you are the font of all knowledge on living in OZ! :D

Both my hubby and I are now waiting for the final yes/no answer from immigration. We are putting our house on the market Tues!! so we are really starting to panic on whether we are doing the right thing or not..

Can you let me have your thoughts on making your move to OZ and the pros and cons. We are sure of our reasons as to why we want to move but love to hear of other peoples tales and first hand experience.

I know its not going to be all whistles and balloons, but really is it a better life? :?

Guest ABCDiamond
I know its not going to be all whistles and balloons, but really is it a better life? :?
It depends a lot on each individual.

If people look for the positives, they are geneally OK, but if they are the type of people to keep looking at the negatives and the things they don't like, there is a greater chance of not settling.

I have been in both situations, and it took a return to the UK to sort out my problems. Well actually, to realise it was "my problems", and not Australia being the problem :)

Now that my mind is sorted, I love it here.

But I do know people don't. Missing family can be a BIG problem, and needs some consideration.

If a person comes here to earn big money and have a flash life, then maybe rethink it. But a more relaxed life is possible, if that's what you want.

Good luck with everything ;)

I too agree with ABC ,i think if you go knowing you will be lonely and a little sad for a while ,and you understand there will be downs as well as up's then you have a chance .i read on another post it can be called a '12mth low' and i personally dont expect it to be easy ,but im damn sure it will turn out mighty fine,what better way to bring up the kids than in the Oz outdoors!! In our particular circumstances we can make loads more money here but i fancy bringin the kids up in a chilled lifestyle and in a country the residents seem proud of and eventually retiring in the sun .

As long as you feel able to adapt to Oz and dont want for Oz to adapt to you, you can make the grass greener,,

Cal x

Guest ABCDiamond
As long as you feel able to adapt to Oz and dont want for Oz to adapt to you, you can make the grass greener,,

Cal x

That is one quote that needs to be highlighted ;)

I've seen to many people (including me) expecting Australia to change, as it wasn't quite, and didn't do things, the British way !

Archived