just back from perth

legoman

Hot but not humid, dry heat is so much more bearable. this last summer here we had a period of 3 or so weeks of massive humidity. It was truly horrific, people were miserable. No thanks, as pretty as QLD is, they can keep their humidity.

Think that was the 3 weeks we were there on our validation trip! :shocked:

What a shock to our systems & with a 3 month old baby, it was truly awful :frown:

The humidity is sometimes an issue. You will find many posts about people moving here and finding the humidity has been exaggerated and is worth it to avoid the cold rainy winter of the other states...others say the opposite so very hard to know how you will personally feel.

Think that was the 3 weeks we were there on our validation trip! :shocked:

What a shock to our systems & with a 3 month old baby, it was truly awful :frown:

It isn't normal for Perth, that was truly the worst 3+ weeks of my entire 6 years in Perth. Even born and bred Australians that I know were complaining about it.

It isn't normal for Perth, that was truly the worst 3+ weeks of my entire 6 years in Perth. Even born and bred Australians that I know were complaining about it.

We knew our validation trip/reccie was not off to a good start when staff at immigrations were saying 'its not nice out there!' :shocked:

You guys seem to have had a shocker this year...was quite mild in brissie for most of the summer. Has been a strange year. What were the temperatures like?

You guys seem to have had a shocker this year...was quite mild in brissie for most of the summer. Has been a strange year. What were the temperatures like?

It was the worst summer in the 6 years I have been here. It went on far longer than normal and as I said previously the humidity was a killer. We had awful bushfires, lack of rain while others on the opposite side of the country were losing lives and homes. Funny old year all round.

Guest Mallam
It was the worst summer in the 6 years I have been here. It went on far longer than normal and as I said previously the humidity was a killer. We had awful bushfires, lack of rain while others on the opposite side of the country were losing lives and homes. Funny old year all round.

people do not realise that the heat can also be a killer northernbird.

All the fault of that southern oscillation index. :wacko: Brisbane actually has a daytime warm, dry, non humid summer...we just call it winter :wink: So for me it is cold rainy winter vs humid summer that is the true choice.

Guest chris955

Thats OK, like I said we are all different. I couldn't handle the isolation but some like it.

Isolation is a state of mind, humidity is a reality. I have lived here 6 years and have never once felt isolated.

this summer in perth was unbearable, took my elderly parents in feb, i knew it would be hot but 42deg!!, they did suffer and so did the rest of us, walking across kings park and seeing my dad hiding in the shadows on hilary's beach was both funny and concerning. power cuts too, due to excess leccy being used on air con, but there you go, i have pics of us in the snow in dec and 6weeks later 42deg perth. strange and beautiful world eh. :biggrin:

this summer in perth was unbearable, took my elderly parents in feb, i knew it would be hot but 42deg!!, they did suffer and so did the rest of us, walking across kings park and seeing my dad hiding in the shadows on hilary's beach was both funny and concerning. power cuts too, due to excess leccy being used on air con, but there you go, i have pics of us in the snow in dec and 6weeks later 42deg perth. strange and beautiful world eh. :biggrin:

Not sure where you were but we didn't have a power cut the whole summer. Usually suburbs with above ground power suffer year round with power cuts. The newer suburbs with below ground power have no issue.

We were there in February too....It was way too hot! :frown: Our 'english' bodies sure werent ready for it! :shocked:

Archived