Any nurses heard of or used MAP recruitment for job searching?

Guest scotsnurse

Guest scotsnurse

Just as the title suggests.

I am getting fed up trying to sort out our 175 I am considering on going on a 457 visa and securing a job so we can get out to oz quicker.

Anyone heard of or used MAP recruitment?

Thanks in advance

Guest tandcmum

sorry I've not heard of that one, there are a few big recruitment agenices regularly advertised in nursing standard though, not sure wether they are good or bad but i'm considering them if i don't get anywhere direct as I am going to have to go over on a 457 or an ENS type visa as don't meet the points requirement

Guest scotsnurse

They were in the RCN (i think) but I just like to get a heads up on here first

We are wanting to immigrate Jan 2012 but I am worried I will be waiting forever for my 175 (which I have not even started btw! Aaahhhh!) so was thinking the 457 .

Too many choices and stress! :confused::laugh:

Guest tandcmum
They were in the RCN (i think) but I just like to get a heads up on here first

We are wanting to immigrate Jan 2012 but I am worried I will be waiting forever for my 175 (which I have not even started btw! Aaahhhh!) so was thinking the 457 .

Too many choices and stress! :confused::laugh:

Have you started your APHRA yet? I am just getting my docs together, i applied for a few places that were doing recruitment drives but i doubt i will get interviews as i dont have my registration. I was thinking a similar timescale to you and was considering the agenices also but then again if i get my registration then i might have better chance direct with the hospitals

it was so much easier 2 years ago when i first applied and then turned down a job offer and sponsorship :mad::arghh:

whereabouts in scotland are you from?

Guest scotsnurse

I am in Edinburgh.

Yep I remember when I went on my holiday visa waaaayyyy back in 2002 it cost £65 and took 3weeks! :laugh:

A lot simpler.

No I have not done anything. I am rubbish. I am going to try book my itelts for April then take it from there. I dont know where to start of what to do! Its so daunting.

Guest tandcmum
I am in Edinburgh.

Yep I remember when I went on my holiday visa waaaayyyy back in 2002 it cost £65 and took 3weeks! :laugh:

A lot simpler.

No I have not done anything. I am rubbish. I am going to try book my itelts for April then take it from there. I dont know where to start of what to do! Its so daunting.

well we are in similar positions then, pm me if you want to chat

I was going to send off for my AHPRA and hope that they accept my GCSE and A level certificates as prove of English competency

• 8 months later...

Archived