My New Plans ;-)

Lynne2007

Hi my favourite guys, well i have some news update for you all. When i was at school and a little girl all i wanted to do in my career line was be a midwife as i adore babies and always have done.

babies-6.jpg

I never ever got the qualifications for it as i hated school due to being bullied big time so could never concentrate due to not wanting to be there, this has been a wanted thing ever since then and i even went back to nightclass to redo my English and Biology when i was about 16 which my dad payed for and also did it with me for the support, but unfortunately i failed the exams yet my dad passed then all i got from my dad is i am thick even though he was joking i felt really fed up (due to what i went through at school with no support from my dad). So due to not having the qualifications etc i thought well i will go into care work as it was kinda along the career lines i wanted as i still love caring for people and making a difference in peoples lives so have loved my career ever since.

smile.gif

Well i have now decided to go for my midwifery training so will take 4 years as i have missed the enrollment for september so going for 2008 and have got tons of papers and books to read to i can be prepared etc. So basically guys i am hoping to be a midwife which i wanted as a childhood dream and also this will mean we can get to Oz with nobody stopping us apart from immigration

ththings.gifSo here goes to a new career xxx

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

What great news lynne! you go for it! You've got the time, and you know you're going to get there eventually, with a rewarding and extremely worth while occupation.

I have greatest admiration for you, you are an insperation to us all! 4th time lucky now eh!!!!

hays:wubclub::notworthy::wubclub:

xx

Guest silverstargazer38

hi Lynne just a quick post are you going to apply for a aus study visa or are you doing this in uk cant you get a student visa for this and sponsorship might be worth looking into and good luck for your new careerer

Hi Lynne,

Good for you!! I went back to Uni at the ripe old age of 29 to do my social work training. Although I cant say I enjoy being a social worker that much, it has given us a better standard of living, I now have a profession and it has given us that all important passport to Oz.

So its always worth giving things another go, I think when you go in to education later in life, you put more into it and are more determined to succeed. So good luck with it, where do you plan to train?

Bec x

Hi again,

I didn't mean my post to sound like you didn't put everything in to it the first time around, thats not what I meant, hope thats not how it sounded. What I meant was I think you appreciate what you're doing and probably enjoy it better, I'm sure you know what I meant,

I'll shut up now.......

Bec x

Hiya Lynne

I went back to College 10yrs ago, I wanted to be a midwife too but I ended up doing 3 yrs of Accountancy that I've never used!!

I used to sit in class saying ''I really want to be a midwife'' to anyone that would listen including the teachers!!

Go for it girl, you wont regret it I'm sure.

Sam xxx

Hi again,

I didn't mean my post to sound like you didn't put everything in to it the first time around, thats not what I meant, hope thats not how it sounded. What I meant was I think you appreciate what you're doing and probably enjoy it better, I'm sure you know what I meant,

I'll shut up now.......

Bec x

Hi Becky

I know what you mean, my hubby did his degree 7 yrs ago, full-time in part-time hrs, with a full time job and wife n 3 kids. He got a first class as did the other 'mature' students where as all the youngsters only just scraped though.

Nice to meet you the other day, btw.

Sam xx

Hi Lynne

I was a midwife in a former life (before kids) and it is a great job.... very stressful, but very rewarding at the same time and you feel very previledged to be involved in other peoples lives at such a special time.

So good luck and if you need any advice i'm always happy to help..

min x:wubclub:

Hi again,

I'll shut up now.......

Bec x

Hi Becky hun, your post didnt sound bad at all as i knew what you meant babe, i plan to train at Salford Uni if they accept me. It will be hard but god i am going to give it my all.

Hi Silverstargazer38, we cant afford to go on a student visa as we have looked into all that as the assets in the house and having kids wont fund us also due to fact we would be limited to how many hours a week you can work which is only 20 each so couldnt afford childminders etc so not practical so this is the reason i am going to study here, i am not even going into sponsorship as i wouldnt get it until i was qualified as a midwife of which i could get in without sponsorship then when i get qualified, thanks for the advice anyway as it is always a help if we hadnt thought of it :spinny:

Well Minlady, you will regret you said that as i will be filling up your pm box quota with advice and info requests lmfao :swoon::twitcy::biglaugh:

Guest maxxangel

Good luck Lynne, I hope you get on the course. I applied to do midwife training about a year ago and can agree that the forms are horrendous. Unfortunately I wasn't accepted as I have been a housewife and mother for so long (no recent work experience). :no: Hopefully your care experience will be just the ticket!!

Guest Scarletfever

Hiya Lynne. You've shown everyone here what a fighter and a detemined individual you are. Theres nothing I could ever foresee that would get in your way and in the way of your end goal.

If anyone deserves to get what they're after its you and I'm sure that whatever you decide to do, whatever career you decide to go for, it'll be the result that you're looking for.

I can't think of a better person to end up working with children, either as they eneter this world or when they're a bit older. A perfect career for an individual who has the heart the size of yours.

Good luck with everything Lynne, you know that you've got the total support of everyone here.

Dan

Hi Lyn,

just want to say you are an inspiration to us all, :notworthy::notworthy:still positive after your knock backs.:yes:

Something I have thought about over the years too, never been able to afford the time to stop working full time to do the training.

Good Luck:wubclub:

Guest Curlysoo

Hi to the PIO WONDER WOMAN!! .. or Lyn as others know her!!!

If I was wearing a hat I would take it off to you!!! .... :notworthy:

If Oz dont realise what a bloody star they are potentially getting with you ... then it truly IS their loss!!!

I wish you every success in Plan D :v_SPIN:

<has anyone realised that IF the UK were to re-introduce transportation to Oz we wouldnt half be able to save a LOT of money getting there and just think of the saying "crime doesnt pay" ...coz it did then!!!>

Guest Rachel&Stu

Go for it Lynne:yes:

Best of luck to you mate. It'll all be worth it when you've got that golden ticket:yes:

Rache xx

Guest Ian&Lou

Good Luck Lynne! If anyone deserves to get to Oz it's you! Dont ever give up on your dream. I'll keep everything crossed for you and look forward to seeing you over there in few years...blimey what a party that'll be!!!

Your a determined lady and I know you'll get there!

Lou

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest THE JONEZYS

LYNNE REALLY ..........................................................................

you-rock-01.gif YOU DO!!!!!!!

HERES ME, SITTING AT THE POOTER FEELING SORRY FOR MY SELF COZ I HAVE BEEN IN BED WITH FLUE, NO ENERGY, NO VOICE(SOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING) A SNOTTY NOSE AND NO MUM ON HAND TO COME AND TIDY UP AND DO SOME IRONING FOR ME:cry:.................... YOU REALLY PUT ME TO SHAME :notworthy::notworthy:

YOU GO FOR IT GIRL, BEST OF LUCK TO YA.

LESLEY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Lynne, dont give up on getting in to uni this year as uni,s have clearing houses which are where you can somtimes get in at late stages, Alevels are now out so ring salford and pester them, if they have a space they will be glad to fill it:dull:, GOOD LUCK will meet you in OZ SOON (you might beat us to it with your detemination). Dan:wubclub:

Do you all know what you all are??????

15b68bd3.gif

I don't know how i managed to find such fantastic friends like you lot who know how to support each other like you all do. You have all made a lump in my throat with all your kind thoughts and wonderful words & gods honest truth i take them all in and fully appreciate them as it has been a bloody tough year for us and dont even know myself how we have got through it all as i sit here thinking what has happened in the past year. But without you guys i wouldnt have made it as easy & with the support you guys have given us so i wanted to express a humungous...........

thankyou-2.gif& thankyou.jpg

You are all amazing Friends & luvs ya all xxxxxx

Guest jonseywife

Well Lynne............. wot can I say !!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Good luck with your new plan, sounds like you will get there after all !!!!!

Im dead jealous too, coz beleive it or not that's what I always wanted to do (that or hairdressing !!!!!! ) But after taking my parents advice I ended up in a bliming boring office !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishing you loadsa luck Lynne, you can do it no problem...............but I hope this piccy of Scarletfever as a baby does'nt put you off :biglaugh:

adult-baby.jpg

Hi Lynne

Congratulations on deciding to take a life changing step I truly hope everything works out for you and that you get to live your dream in oz, are you going to stay on PIO, fingers crossed you do.

Best wishes :wubclub::wubclub:

Kaye x

Guest Davidgolf

Hi Lynn

You go girl,you have always supported people on here now our turn to support you and we are all here for you,but you must stay on PIO as we want to know how you are doing.

Love Sharon.xx:wubclub:

Guest Abi&Dan

All the luck in your new career - I'm positive you'll be a total whizz at it!! And the time will just fly till you're in Oz - and off your own back not some daft company who don't know what they're doing!! Good luck :jiggy:

Lyn you are truly an inspiration, just wanted to say good luck with your future plans. I started my nurse training at the ripe old age of 29 and went on to work in SCBU and neonatal intensive care. (Now Health visiting but doing a refresher and returning to scbu hopefully)Youll love it and time will soon fly if you need any help with your essays you know where to find me. You will be a success and get a job in Oz under your own steam and won't have to rely on some stupid company who doesn't realise your true worth!! You go show em Lyn you are a superstar.

Monty

Archived