how do we tell diac we want to claim other points?

kellyjamie

hi without going right into it we need to tell diac we need to claim points for ielts to be added to our app how do we do that?

thanks kelly

As far as I know You cannot add points for your IELTS I am afraid as the result must be submitted within 28 days of application,

Please ask other forum experts

Regards

As far as I know You cannot add points for your IELTS I am afraid as the result must be submitted within 28 days of application,

Please ask other forum experts

Regards

Of course she can. The problem is only if a CO picks up the file before the IELTS is completed. Points are assessed once only.

Only passport holders from non English speaking countries need to have that IELTS test result in at time of application.

How does one qulaify as being a forum expert in your view. :biglaugh:

we phoned DIAC and explained the situation and the lady very kindly said it was fine she has attached a note to our application explaining our Ielts are to follow so if a CO picks it up before we upload the results they will know and therefore will wait for our results, she said lots of people make small mistakes and not to worry, itsa very stressful long process of forms and they expect people may make mistakes:wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Meeky

I have a similar question, but I must to point out that I'm NOT from an English speaking country.

After having read "Booklet 6" (form #1119), I arrived at a conclusion that it's OK to lodge an application (in my case for 175 visa) without evidence of English language ability:

You have up until the time of decision to provide evidence that you meet the English

language requirement. However, it is advisable to provide evidence that you meet the

English language requirement at the time you apply as a decision on your application

will not be delayed if evidence does not accompany the application. A decision on the

application may be made soon after the application has been received based on the

evidence on hand.

The thing is that I haven't been able to get a 7.0 on the writing part and without having a proficient level of English I lack exactly 10 points to score the pass mark of 120. The question is whether I'm allowed to claim 25 points for 'proficient' English while applying online or only 15 points for 'competent' English which I have evidence for? If the former, what I should specify as evidence - the number (TRN) from my current IELTS result letter?

Archived