Stuck in the middle!

K8kte

Hi Guys,

On here to seriously find out any info on my situation:

My hubby, two young sons and I want to emigrate to Perth but...

I am extremely close to my parents and would love for them to go with us if we 100% decided to apply. My husband is happy to leave his family but understands I am close to them and its probably going to be all or nothing as far as my decision is concerned.

I am a Graphic Designer currently working in the trade with 7 years experience and only 27yrs.

My husband is an Electrician (he hasnt been in the trade now for 5months) with 5 years experience and only 29yrs.

1st Question: Does he have enough experience in the trade to not have to be in it whilst he applies? Or should he be working in it to be able to apply?

My parents:

If they were to come they would still want to be able to work as they are only 54 and 58yrs. My mum is a bone destometrist and has been for 6 years but she has been trained in house and has no qualifications just work experience, could this help?

I have been advised that my parents could enter under a working parent visa but we must be there 2 years first. The reason I dont like this is because my very young two boys are extremely close to them and missing two years of their lives is an extremely long time!

My dad has his aunts and cousins over there, could they sponsor his or not be close enough a relative? He also lived there when he was younger before returning to the UK.

What other options regarding visas have I got to get them in the same time as us.

1/They want to be able to work

2/Medicare backed preferably.

Also my mother is a diabetic, tablet dependant only. Would this stand against her? And how does med prescriptions work/cost over there?

Only info would be very much appreciated, I want to do the best thing for my boys regarding a future but I'd love for my whole family to be there to witness it!

Many Thanks Kate

Sure you can be helped but i am not sure about your parents being able to get in on your visa, Joanne one of the mods on here has her parents over in Oz and I am sure she can help you with any questions.

Excellent thanks, I also dont think getting in on our visa is an option, just what other temp working visas are available for their age group to do during the 2 years before they have to apply for the Parent Visa!?

As Im new to all this how can this discussion be made available for Joanne to look at?

Many Thanks :-)

Assuming your hubby otherwise meets the requirements of skilled migrstion the five months out of trade isnt a problem ... yet. But you will have to get cracking before it becomes a year, skills assessmemt can take time as can state sponsorship if you need it.

Unless your parents can get employer sponsorship, there is no visa your parents can use to live and work in australia, they will have to wait like everyone else. You will need to get settled over there first and then there visa will take about 18minths to 2 years, so you are looking at a good 3 or 4 year separation.

Assuming your hubby otherwise meets the requirements of skilled migrstion the five months out of trade isnt a problem ... yet. But you will have to get cracking before it becomes a year, skills assessmemt can take time as can state sponsorship if you need it.

Unless your parents can get employer sponsorship, there is no visa your parents can use to live and work in australia, they will have to wait like everyone else. You will need to get settled over there first and then there visa will take about 18minths to 2 years, so you are looking at a good 3 or 4 year separation.

Also, and I am no expert so check, the 2 years + wait is for the Contributary parent Visa I believe which is quite an expensive outlay, are your parents up for that? I was under the impression, and I could be wrong, that a parent visa could take at least 10-12 years under the current wait times.

It has been a while since I looked into parent visas, but as far as I know there are two type of visas that your parents could come out on, contributory or non-contributory parent visas.

On the contributory, your parents would have to pay a substantial amount, something like 40K or more with about 2 years wait. The other visa has a waiting list of at least 10 years.

For both visas you would have to live here before your parents could apply, I believe.

Archived