Processing times for 175 for nurses

Squilookal

Hi all,

I know it’s another one of those how long is a piece of string questions but does anyone have any idea about recent processing times for a 175 for a nurse? We’re trying to get an idea of what “priority processing” might actually translate into in terms of months once an application has been submitted.

Thanks for any thoughts and good luck to everyone sitting and hoping for that magic letter from DIAC!

Simon.

As a nurse you would be better going for state sponsorship as this is in cat 2 priority processing which can take up 6-12 months.

175 is in cat 3 priority processing which can take up to 18months. First thing you really need to do is sort nursing registration out with AHPRA and maybe IELTS test. Everyone is having such trouble with AHPRA. Taking 6 months to process.

Don't know which state you want to go to but if you do go down the route of state sponsorship, a word of warning with Queensland. I got granted QLD SS last August, got my letter of "Eligibility for nurse registration" on 10 Jan 2011, but this is not good enough for Queensland. They say they want my registration certificate, but I won't get this til I appear at the AHPRA office in Brisbane with my letter and ID. So they are refusing to send my state sponsorship nomination form on to immigration. So now I am going on a 457 temp visa until i get that certificate. I am trying to get this rule changed with QLD but they are waiting to hear from AHPRA to confirm eligibility is all I get. They will be waiting cos AHPRA don't reply to emails. Absolute nightmare, but don't let this put you off.

If you want it bad enough, it will work out.

Good luck. x

Hi Helen,

Thanks very much for the input. We’re pretty much committed to a 175 because we need the flexibility of doing it independently rather than with the obligations attached to state level sponsorship but I hear what you’re saying about the cat 2 verses cat 3 processing priority.

The IELTS is done and we have a positive skills assessment from ANMC so we’re good to go as far as making the visa application is concerned but I didn’t realize it was such a drama to get registered. Thanks for the heads up on this, I’ll take a look at it sooner rather than later.

Sounds like you’re caught in a bureaucratic vicious circle with all this – I really hope it gets sorted out soon.

Thanks again,

Simon.

Archived