IELTS & Skills Assessment Validity

alex27

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before but...

If you are sitting in category 4 (lucky me) and have submitted your IELTS & Skills assessment, will they still be valid when DIAC looks at them? I believe my skills assessment is only valid for 2 years. Will I have to get a new one if it expires while I'm waiting?? Seems crazy I'll have to spend another $450 because they won't look at my application for so long.

thx for any help or ideas you may have!

Hi,

sorry if this has been asked before but...

If you are sitting in category 4 (lucky me) and have submitted your IELTS & Skills assessment, will they still be valid when DIAC looks at them? I believe my skills assessment is only valid for 2 years. Will I have to get a new one if it expires while I'm waiting?? Seems crazy I'll have to spend another $450 because they won't look at my application for so long.

thx for any help or ideas you may have!

Hi Alex,

IELTS and Skills Assessment only have to be 'current' on the date of lodgement. Medicals and Police Checks have to be valid when the decision is made, so you'll have to get those done again when the case officer asks you to.

Category 4 won't be processed for a long time (or it might be scrapped completely, no one knows), so if you could jump into Category 3 by getting a new skills assessment (based on the old one), do so.

hi michelle,

yes i heard from them yesterday and guess what-my skills assessment is no longer valid, even though I emailed NOOSR and they said there was no expiry date. So now have to apply for a new assessment and by then the IELTS will have expired too, so have to get a new IELTS as well. And by the time all this is done who knows if planning levels will be reached for my occupation???

nightmare.

feel like giving up and just waiting it out in category 4!!

hi michelle,

yes i heard from them yesterday and guess what-my skills assessment is no longer valid, even though I emailed NOOSR and they said there was no expiry date. So now have to apply for a new assessment and by then the IELTS will have expired too, so have to get a new IELTS as well. And by the time all this is done who knows if planning levels will be reached for my occupation???

nightmare.

feel like giving up and just waiting it out in category 4!!

Thats shocking Alex, can you not forward them the details from NOOSR confirming they are valid?

Dont give up though, you will get there.......:hug:

Michelle

x

Alex

It me again!

I have just looked at the SA migration site and for Nominated Occ it says:

Nominated Occupation

Applicants must nominate an occupation that is on the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and this must be listed as ‘Available’. If the occupation is listed as ‘Not Available’ applicants must meet the same criteria that apply to an ‘off-list’ nomination.

Applicant’s nominated occupation must be evidenced by a Skills Assessment from the relevant assessing authority as listed at www.immi.gov.au/asri

The availability of occupations is subject to change as planning levels are met. This sponsorship is dependent on the occupation being available at the time of sponsorship decision, not time of application

From their Q&A

Q. I do not have my skills assessment. Can I send my resume and references instead with my sponsorship application?

A. You must only send the documents requested for sponsorship. This includes a Positive Skills Assessment from the relevant assessing authority for your Nominated Occupation. Some skills assessing authorities have validity periods for their skills assessments. If this is applicable to your nominated occupation, then your positive skills assessment must be 'date valid' at the time that it is assessed. Please contact the skills assessing authority, for your nominated occupation, to see if this is applicable to your nominated occupation.

So if NOOSR say it is valid then surely SA have made a mistake??. If i was you i would contact one of the migration agents on here like Alan Collett or George Lombard and ask their opinion.

When you get to the IELTS section it clearly says must be less than 2 years, but nothing for the skills assessment, unless i am missing something. You are the second person this has happened to in recent weeks???????

The IELTS test that you provide must be less than two (2) years old.

Hope this helps, and if you need a rant pm me!

Michelle

x

Archived