Advice please ~ What to do/Where to go ~ WA

cartertucker

Guest KatyNick

Kelly ... Adventure World is really good - near Bibra Lake - my eldest LOVED it there. My youngest really enjoyed the trip to Penguin Island (Rockingham) adn seeing the Fairy Penguins.

When are you planning to go over??

Guest Fiona and Marc

Hi

We really like Supa Golf in Swan Valley, there is a reptile park and cuddly animal farm nearby too which are both great and you can go ice cream tasting at Oggie's to cool off if it's hot!

Have fun, there's tons to do in and around Perth, i'm sure you won't get bored!

Fiona

Hi Kelly,

Our kids love Yanchep national park.....You can see kangaroos and Koalas and there is a few trails to follow as well as caves you can go inside and it only costs $12 for a car.....(caves are an additional cost).....Also Whiteman park is good for kids theres loads of different animals including a kangaroo enclosure where you can feed the roos......There is also an outdoor splash pool and parks for the kids free of charge.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Perth.

Wendy

Guest The Trainer from Perth

Hi there

Have fun in Perth, if it is too hot outside try Scitech, amazing stuff inside there or AQWA in Hillarys (Marine Park).

Just some indoor activities in sunny Perth...

Cheers

Karlos

Caversham wildlife park. My girls(myself included) loved it there. The koalas and roos were great. Prices I thought were very reasonable.

Kings park is another good one! A barbie and the well maintained play area is very good.

We also visited Perth zoo again entry fee was quite reasonable compared to the uk. I did find it fairly old in some parts but I think it needs a little regeneration really.

Guest SusieOR

We enjoyed Marapana petting park... you can feed the animals etc... very nice

also... you gotta visit Freemantle... great spot with top bars restaurants nd shops etc...

I enjoyed Mandurrah too... with beach nd pelicans nd food...

R u going North or South???

Sx

Mandurah foreshore.

We went there with Cath, Matt & Travis on Australia Day and loved it... there are loads of bars/cafes/shops and there's a small swim area on one side and some giant inflatables in the water that the kids (and the big kids aka dads) thoroughly enjoyed. There are free BBQ's down there too, so you could take an esky down with your meat and drinks and be set for the day....

Or there's a great fish and chip shop where you can sit and enjoy at the end of the day and maybe see dolphins....

Looking forward to meeting you... the BBQ is all organised for you on the 5th.. Oh and a friend of Martin's from school who lives up Joondalup is coming, so you'll be able to quiz them for lots of ideas for when you go up north lol!! :jiggy:

Hi Kelly, Have you managed to book accomodation now. If not you can also try www.realholidays.com.au too. there's quite a few on there. I agree with all the above posts for places to visit, you could also add to them Armadale Reptile Zoo, Serpentine Falls ( not that the falls are that spectacular at the mo due to the lack of rain) but a beautiful area to walk around & there's lots of black cockatoos & some wild roos. X

• 4 weeks later...

Aqua ( the aquarium) is really nice at Hillarys & nice shopping centre Joondalup lake is lovely to walk around & if you go to Neil Hawkins park ( different areas around the lake are named differently) the birds all come down & will feed from you. We've spotted roos to while walking around there . Whiteman Park ( Caversham wildlfe park ) is fab, Yanchep national Park is another good one. Hope these are of some help X

Guest Karen and Colin

Aggree with Cazz Caversham and Yanchep Park are good also don't forget Kings Park. Hillary's will be great for kids too.

Archived