Anyone else set foot in Australia on Australia Day?

fleabo

My OH reminded me that today is exactly 15 years since I first set foot on Australian soil.

Anyone else, other than Captain Arthur Philip and me, who arrived on the 26th? I watched the Red Arrows fly around the harbour but missed the fireworks at night (jetlag). Stayed at a lovely hotel at The Rocks. Happy Days.

Sorry No. We didn't land here on the 26th. But have just spent our first Austria day here ! What a great day :) just had the most amazing firework display on the beach after a full day of entertainment organised by the local government. A public holiday dedicated to just celebrating being Australian. The uk could take a lesson from this. Happy Aus day Fleabo. And congrats on 15 years :)

Guest Guest31881

Well i think its a great compliment that the whole country comes to a standstill to celebrate the day you arrived. You must have made a real impression 15yrs ago. :wink::wink:.

Sorry No. We didn't land here on the 26th. But have just spent our first Austria day here ! What a great day :) just had the most amazing firework display on the beach after a full day of entertainment organised by the local government. A public holiday dedicated to just celebrating being Australian. The uk could take a lesson from this. Happy Aus day Fleabo. And congrats on 15 years :)

Glad you had a great day! We finished off ours down at Greenwich Baths for a well-needed cool off. Lovely stuff.

Well i think its a great compliment that the whole country comes to a standstill to celebrate the day you arrived. You must have made a real impression 15yrs ago. :wink::wink:.

How good did I feel that day - and it just got better and better!:yes:

What a great day to start life in Aus!:biggrin:..the lucky country 223 years old eh?..on telling a colleague at work that i was celebrating this, she said i was ageing well:wink:..no day off but, as i'm here in blighty it was work as usual..

terri:cute:

Good for you remebering to celebrate. I was usually hung-over from Burns Supper...by the OH would force a few bubbles down me that evening. Just for old times sake.:wubclub:

Archived