PR (subclass 100) visa arrival/activation question

kirra

Hi

My husband recently was granted his PR visa. He has to arrive in Australia by June 30 this year. We are not ready to relocate by then so it looks like he is going to pop in on his own to activate it.

Is there any rules regarding how long he needs to stay in Australia for that visit? Could he arrive and about 2 days later depart again back for the uk? Is it ok if he makes that first entry on his own, or do I (the sponsor) need to be with him?

Thanks for reading/ replying

Hi, I activated my 100 PR visa without my partner/sponsor in November last year. I spent a few more days there than your partner (only a week in total).

It really is as simple as arriving getting his passport stamped (and thus the DIAC computer updated) and he can leave on the next flight if he wants to.

Thanks peach. Good to know. Its going to kill me knowing he is going to be arriving in oz without me! But, it's not a great time for us to all go right now and it's too much to drag our small kids on such long flights, ESP as we have only comeback from a Sydney trip and look to relocate later this year.

In our case, we never planned that we'd need a validation trip. Then Australia house decided to go slow and then my partner found out she was pregnant. She wasn't pleased about me getting the trip to Australia by myself either - but life just got in the way :o)

Archived