Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856) - Getting the timing right.

Guest BobbyFowler

Guest BobbyFowler

Hi

The company I'm working with are letting me use them in going through the Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856).

I'm going to have to get a Skills Assessment which I understand takes 6 to 8 weeks. I'm just waiting on my college results transcript before putting it in. I should meet all the necessary criteria with my degree and work experience.

I've asked my employer to organise their "Employer nominates a person" part.

One of my questions relates to the timing of when everything is submitted.

I've heard I'm supposed to get my skills assessed before applying for PR. Does it go against me if I apply for both at the same time? Obviously I'd be applying for PR without having had my skills assessed. I was just thinking that it would probably be a month or two before my PR application had got anywhere in the list. At that stage I should have had the skills assessed so I can submit it separately afterwards. If it's advised not to do this, I'll hold off.

What about the "Employer nominates a person" part. I've asked my boss to get it together. Is there a delay in getting these processed or is it pretty straightforward? They'll be using their own migration agent. Is there anything I need to be aware of from a timing point of view? Just need to know if I need to chase anything here down.

Another thing - I can't see an option of applying for the Subclass 121/856 online. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Bobby

You MUST lodge a positive assessment result with your visa application. You can't submit the application and then follow up with a skills assessment in a month or so. If you do, your visa application may be denied.

You can't lodge your visa application unless it is lodged together with the completed Form 785 "Employer nomination under the Employer Nomination Scheme" or a copy of the approval letter (if the nomination has been decided). In other words, the employer can't submit the nomination after you have lodged your visa application - the nomination must be either already approved or be lodged with your visa application. Sorry, I don't know how long nominations take to be processed.

Here is the Application checklist for a 121/856 visa:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/_pdf/ens-rsms-checklist.pdf

Applications can only be submitted by post, by courier or in person. It isn't possible to apply online.

Archived