Just back from 5 weeks in UK

Guest Julz

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
has the thawing process finished yet ...............or did rigormortis set in while in th uk...............you will be fine after a few days of well above the 90`s....

No thanks Tony 40+ in Perth :wideeyed: I like it about 25 max any hotter and I just sit in a air-con room till it comes down.

heat stress really is not nice.

Guest chris955

I agree, you can keep your 30 plus and 40 degree days. 25 is perfect.

No thanks Tony 40+ in Perth :wideeyed: I like it about 25 max any hotter and I just sit in a air-con room till it comes down.

heat stress really is not nice.

i love the heat ,thats why i came here...........surely you guys did your homework before you came here and must have known Australia happens to be a rather hot country.....! wont be many 25 days back in the uk......unless you bang up the fire and central heating and stay indoors all day....enjoy....tbh these kind of warm mornings i find there is nothing better than throwing the kayak in the back of the ute and going for a good paddle down the Swan river .........catch u happy chaps later ...hope there is something good to watch on the TV..........

Guest chris955

So if we don't go kayaking it means we watch TV ? :confused:

hope there is something good to watch on the TV..........

Guest peacock
Are you on drugs ?

Ooops, would expect a far more educated response from you Chris, :yes:

and remember- Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are :biglaugh:

Guest Guest31881

The Mods are getting complaints about this thread, please keep it on track and stop the personal insults. Please have respect for the original OP and the reason why they posted.

Guest peacock

When we walked out of Perth airport after our 3 weeks in englands grey skys it felt like we were actually coming on holiday with the clean blus skys, weird feeling to say the least..

Guest The Ropey HOFF
When we walked out of Perth airport after our 3 weeks in englands grey skys it felt like we were actually coming on holiday with the clean blus skys, weird feeling to say the least..

Hi mate tell me about it

We came back from Brisbane last year at the end of April having had a month of fantastic sunny weather and we thought winter would be over, we had 6 months of truly horrible weather before we went to Brisbane and our rellies said it was nasty while we were away and............... it carried on being horrible when we got back. we only had a few weeks of decent weather back in Yorkshire last year, but we had 7 weeks of sunshine on holiday abroad, thats a tip folks, buy your nice weather. lol

Guest chris955

It was the opposite for me, I had 3 weeks of nice weather in the UK late last year and the whole time it absolutely piddled down here and has barely stopped since. :biggrin:

It was the opposite for me, I had 3 weeks of nice weather in the UK late last year and the whole time it absolutely piddled down here and has barely stopped since. :biggrin:

Yes me too, I managed to leave UK the day before the snow fell - the previous 6 weeks were gloriously autumnal - and brought my son back here for Christmas. He moaned because the sun only came out on the day he left! Since then it has been wet (very) and too bloody hot to do anything more than go to the movies or some other airconditioned haven (like work).

i love the heat ,thats why i came here...........surely you guys did your homework before you came here and must have known Australia happens to be a rather hot country.....! wont be many 25 days back in the uk......unless you bang up the fire and central heating and stay indoors all day....enjoy....tbh these kind of warm mornings i find there is nothing better than throwing the kayak in the back of the ute and going for a good paddle down the Swan river .........catch u happy chaps later ...hope there is something good to watch on the TV..........

TV :eek: so much to do in the South Tony that I rarely stay in.

Good for you peacock, but people are all different to be honest, some people prefer a cooler climate and some don't, some prefer Oz and some prefer the UK...IT'S WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND :cute:

P.S I like both.

It does rain a lot in Oz Chris I know, but to be honest the Country does need it and it is better than really long droughts.

Guest peacock
Good for you peacock, but people are all different to be honest, some people prefer a cooler climate and some don't, some prefer Oz and some prefer the UK...IT'S WHAT MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND :cute:

P.S I like both.

read the mods comments, theres a good chap :wink:

3 weeks is just about the best you will ever get in the uk on the trot.......you want to get to Perth ...best of both worlds ........dont run away to the gloom try another state .....:cool:

3 weeks is just about the best you will ever get in the uk on the trot.......you want to get to Perth ...best of both worlds ........dont run away to the gloom try another state .....:cool:

Not True Tony, had a great warm summer in London last year with long warm nights, infact it was one of the warmest on record, give me a nice warm day and night than a 40+ day and 35+ night :GEEK:

Guest peacock
Not True Tony, had a great warm summer in London last year with long warm nights, infact it was one of the warmest on record, give me a nice warm day and night than a 40+ day and 35+ night :GEEK:

I suspect you may have had the old hose pipe ban in place after 3 days of sun , god I use to remember them :smile:

35c night :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:....u gotta be livin in Darwin then......only locals and hardened Aussies can tolerate that sort of constant heat and humidity. London .......!!!!! ..:biglaugh:u do make me larf Bobby ,next thing u be telling me you lived in Windsor,you spend weekends watching the wheel go around and around and your also know as Felix.......... :biglaugh:

I suspect you may have had the old hose pipe ban in place after 3 days of sun , god I use to remember them :smile:

There was a hose pipe ban peacock but it was after about 7 or 8 weeks of warm weather without any rain, I remember helicoptors going around the estates at night seeing if people had their sprinlers on :biglaugh: thats the local council for you in London.

Guest peacock
There was a hose pipe ban peacock but it was after about 7 or 8 weeks of warm weather without any rain, I remember helicoptors going around the estates at night seeing if people had their sprinlers on :biglaugh: thats the local council for you in London.

yep, they seem to be able to waste money on the most ridiculouse things,

Guest chris955

No thanks, Perth would be the last place in Australia I would live, I've said that many times.

Guest peacock
No thanks, Perth would be the last place in Australia I would live, I've said that many times.

does a mediteranean climate, lots of jobs and oppurtunitys, a buetiful city, miles of glorious beaches, hundreds of fabulous restuarants and bars and some of the best parks in the world not appeal then, :embarrassed:

Archived