AHPRA Registration & ANMC Documents - Anyone with recent experience?

Lil Bev

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before....

I had my ANMC Skills Assessment completed in Nov 2010 and now wish to register with AHPRA within the next few weeks (let the nightmare begin...:eek:). I have application form AGOS-04 - Application for general registration (graduated or trained overseas) as a Registered Nurse, Enrolled Nurse or Midwife. I know i can request the ANMC to forward on the documents they received from me on to AHPRA, but what documents (if any) do i include in application AGOS-04? As those that are required the ANMC already have and can forward on.

1. Has anyone had any recent experience with this?

2. Do i request documents to be sent from the ANMC before or after applying with AHPRA?

Thanks in advance:cute:

Bev x

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Bev,

Not got any info on your request just at the start of the process just wondered why you need to apply to AHPRA if you've got ANMC I've heard AHPRA have a backlog got a friend in New Zealand who is applying for oz and has waited 4 months so far ... nightmare!!

Hi o'connors thanks for the reply, i applied to ANMC first as i have applied for a PR visa and they provide the skills assessment for nurses and midwives. Now i'm applying to AHPRA for my registration, I've heard all the stories about AHPRA... i reckon its going to be a bumpy ride!!

Hi o'connors thanks for the reply, i applied to ANMC first as i have applied for a PR visa and they provide the skills assessment for nurses and midwives. Now i'm applying to AHPRA for my registration, I've heard all the stories about AHPRA... i reckon its going to be a bumpy ride!!

Hi Lil Bev

I am at the same stage as you and have been putting off applying to APHRA because of the horror stories I read on this.

I asked exactly the same question on here about 3 weeks ago and got no response.

I will keep my eye on this thread with interest....... GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Hi Lil Bev

I am at the same stage as you and have been putting off applying to APHRA because of the horror stories I read on this.

I asked exactly the same question on here about 3 weeks ago and got no response.

I will keep my eye on this thread with interest....... GOOD LUCK !!!!!

I have posted this a few times and didnt have any replies :no: I know what you mean with the horror stories!! eek!! Need to get the ball rolling with it now though. I emailed ANMC to forward on my documents but i have had no reply with confirmation yet (might have to start pestering them!) I dont want to have to get NMC verification done again (another cost) and sort out the college to send my ielts results if the ANMC have it anyway. Good luck to you too!!

Bev

Guest vicstick

Hi, I've completed the AHPRA experience and am registered. Took 6 weeks in total with minimal stress. Applied through trans-mutual pathway though so might have had something to do with it? Just being dim but what is the ANMC? is this necessary for nurses to apply for primary registration as I am helping a nursing friend here and she is starting from scratch.

Cheers,

Vic

Hi Vic

The ANMC is the nursing assessment body . As the first step of my visa process ( I am applying for a permanent resident visa 176) they checked that I had all the criteria that they were looking for.

Hope that helps

CWL

Archived