Advice for single professional moving to Sydney

restfamily

I need some advice on the big move... I emigrated to Canberra almost 4 years ago, all settled, have a house and citizenship, but have started to feel that it’s time to see more of Australia, so I have decided to move to Sydney. Somehow this feels way more scary that emigrating!! I am 31yo female professional and will probably find myself working in the CBD and latin dancing my nights away. So I thought I’d check in here for some advice.

1 – How do I go about finding an apartment to share? Are they difficult to get? I need a car space. I want to spend about $300-350 pw

2 – Is it hard to find a GP?

3 – Anywhere I should avoid?

4 – Alot of the apartments seems to have gyms / pools, but for those that don’t are there many locally? Are the too busy to really use?

5 - What else do I need to know?

Thanks!

I need some advice on the big move... I emigrated to Canberra almost 4 years ago, all settled, have a house and citizenship, but have started to feel that it’s time to see more of Australia, so I have decided to move to Sydney. Somehow this feels way more scary that emigrating!! I am 31yo female professional and will probably find myself working in the CBD and latin dancing my nights away. So I thought I’d check in here for some advice.

1 – How do I go about finding an apartment to share? Are they difficult to get? I need a car space. I want to spend about $300-350 pw

2 – Is it hard to find a GP?

3 – Anywhere I should avoid?

4 – Alot of the apartments seems to have gyms / pools, but for those that don’t are there many locally? Are the too busy to really use?

5 - What else do I need to know?

Thanks!

1) Gumtree seems to be the place to look for share's. Although I often see fliers attached to lamposts in the CBD.

2) Not sure, we didn't have any trouble though.

3) Lots of threads on this, but the CBD seems OK.

4) Lots of them around but surely its cheaper to rent a place which already has them.

5) To paraphrase "yes minister" - "I don't know what you don't know" :wink:

Hey

I moved to Sydney on my own about 5months ago from the UK! It does seem quite scary but its not actually that bad once your here :)

1) Gumtree or Domain.com.au are both good for trying to find shares

2) Not sure, touch wood not needed one yet!

3) Again loads of threads, but you cant go wrong with the eastern subarbs really.

4) Yeah loads do but i guess its what type of place your looking for. I work bang in the middle of the CBD and live out at Bellevue Hill. If your not wanting to live in the middle of the city the transport links are pretty good from the eastern subarbs.

5) What do you want to know?

Feel free to PM me if you want any more advice.

Andy

Archived