Commitment - How much info required?

Mrs Depp

Hi everyone,

How much information would you say would be enough to prove your commitment to the state?

I don't want to bore the pants off them by sending pages and pages of our research but obviously at the same time I don't want to send too little.

Can anyone suggest a reasonable amount of info that would be sufficient ie: 3000 words, 3 pages, a whole trees worth etc.

Any help/guidance will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Clare x

Hi Clare, when I applied for state sponsorship they made it clear that my commitment form must not contain more than 1500 characters.

Its sounds a lot but I actually found it quite hard to put down all I wanted to say in less.

I bullit pointed a lot of what I had learned in my research, this helped me to get more infomation across without sounding boring.

Hi Clare, when I applied for state sponsorship they made it clear that my commitment form must not contain more than 1500 characters.

Its sounds a lot but I actually found it quite hard to put down all I wanted to say in less.

I bullit pointed a lot of what I had learned in my research, this helped me to get more infomation across without sounding boring.

Hi Toolbox,

Do you mind telling me which State you applied for?

Thanks

Clare

Hi all,

I have just about finished (not sent) my application for SA SMP. In the commitment part i wrote about 5 points: Job oppotunities, Lifestyle, Areas, Living exp and how family friendly SA is.

Does this sound alright to everybody?

Thanks in advance

Emma

Hi all,

I have just about finished (not sent) my application for SA SMP. In the commitment part i wrote about 5 points: Job oppotunities, Lifestyle, Areas, Living exp and how family friendly SA is.

Does this sound alright to everybody?

Thanks in advance

Emma

I'm no expert Emma, but that sounds good to me, those 5 points you mentioned are the same things we focused on.

Thanks Toolbox

Thats put my mind at ease! Do you know anybody that lives in south australia? We know people in other states but not SA

Emma

I know one family there, not very well, more freinds of my sisters really.

Bit daunting not knowing anyone but don't worry we'll all make new freinds.

We'll meet you when were all there:hug:

Ian

Hi Emma,

That's exactly what I wrote, I don't know if you have kids or are planning on it but I wrote that SA has excellent education system which was a big draw as we plan on having children in the future -I think that sounds good as it shows you are planning your life in SA.

Good luck :)

Thanks for all the advice you guys :hug:

It came in very handy as i've just completed my commitment statement and it looks a lot clearer than it did yesterday, it's easier to read and highlights all the important things that I wanted to say without any of the waffle.

In saying that, this is only my thoughts on it and once it's uploaded we'll soon know if it's what they are looking for! :eek:

Cheers again

Clare x

Archived