Information Required!!

wanderinred

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I've just began my quest to migrate to Australia from the UK.

I've sought assistance from different agents / received a few quotes and as yet I'm unsure as to which one to use. It seems a lot of people on this forum have successfully been through the whole process and I'd greatly appreciate it if they could share their experience and proved me with information.

All 3 of the agents I have spoken to have advised that the best route for me to go down is that of State Sponsorship. I am very happy to do this, but the agents have given me conflicting information on one particular requirement that may hinder me.

This is that I must have approx £20,000 in my UK bank account before I put my app in. I will admit that I dont have this type of cash, and my initial funds to Australia will be funded by a house sale leaving me with well more than the £20,000. However, I do not intend to sell my house before I know that I can definitely get the visa for Australia.

One set of agents did not tell me about this at all, another agent state that I need to prove that I have this sum in cash and the other agent said as long as I have it in assets (ie the house) then I would pass this requirement. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

- Is there any particular agent that anyone can recommend (or that I should avoid) in the Manchester area?

Thanks for any help!

I hope to use this site a lot, it seems very informative.

Hi wanderinred,

it depends on which state you want to get sponsorship from, however if the state does want you to prove funds the amount is in aussie dollare not pounds, google migration to the various states and check out their sponsorship requirements. Someone else from PIO with much more knowledge than me will hopefully help you out soon though.

Good luck

Sharon

Thanks for reply Sharon! Much appreciated. I'm getting a lot of conflicting info and want to make sure I'm clear before going ahead.

Cheers

If you can share your Profession, age, education, marital status, no of family members or all other necessary details then it will be much easy to guide you.:cool:

Guest Taylor72
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I've just began my quest to migrate to Australia from the UK.

I've sought assistance from different agents / received a few quotes and as yet I'm unsure as to which one to use. It seems a lot of people on this forum have successfully been through the whole process and I'd greatly appreciate it if they could share their experience and proved me with information.

All 3 of the agents I have spoken to have advised that the best route for me to go down is that of State Sponsorship. I am very happy to do this, but the agents have given me conflicting information on one particular requirement that may hinder me.

This is that I must have approx £20,000 in my UK bank account before I put my app in. I will admit that I dont have this type of cash, and my initial funds to Australia will be funded by a house sale leaving me with well more than the £20,000. However, I do not intend to sell my house before I know that I can definitely get the visa for Australia.

One set of agents did not tell me about this at all, another agent state that I need to prove that I have this sum in cash and the other agent said as long as I have it in assets (ie the house) then I would pass this requirement. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

- Is there any particular agent that anyone can recommend (or that I should avoid) in the Manchester area?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Wanderinred

It all depends on the state how much assets they require, but they dont accept collateral in property still to be sold .And like the majority of people on here our assets are in our homes. Not to worry though i shall tell you how QLD advised me to do it :idea: They said if i could get credit cards agreed, to the sum in dollars they require they would accept this. So thats basically what i did . I applied for the cards and then sent them the letter which they send you saying they have agreed the card with the credit limit on , then never activated the cards just cancelled them . They accepted it and i have state sponsorship for QLD, the other way would get the agreed amount in a loan and send them the paperwork saying they have agreed it but never sign up for the loan. The lady at QLD told me you just have to show that if something happened and you neede x amount of money quickly you had the credit to do it.

Wish you luck but dont worry x

Annette

Guest 666dame

Hi Wanderinred

Sometimes it may be better to use an agent who is actually in Australia, rather than pick one who just happens to be local to you in the UK. I would highly recommend Austimmigration (George Lombard), as would a lot of people on this site.

Regarding the money, Victoria do not stipulate an exact figure unlike some other states, just that you should ensure you have adequate funds to support your move.

Regards

Dame

Guest TheHills

Hi

We are looking at Victoria too and loogood ked on the Victoria Gov website use the search bar all details of what you will need are on there...

Good Luck

Karen.

Guest destinationoz

We're going ACT too and needed to show bank balance of 20k in Aus dollars - could not be a house as asset thou - seem stricter there but could maybe get a loan. In terms of agent - the state rep said I should be able to do the application without using any agent so I did and saved about £3000!!! As long as you methodically follow what to do on the Aus immigration website , be organised and get advice from this website you could do it yourself!! Good luck

Hello,

Thanks for any help!

Hi wanderind,

We got state sponsorship in WA back in July 09. We found that both queensland and south australia both required us to show substantial funds in our bank accounts before we would qualify for state sponsorship, and wa was the only state that would accept equity from the eventual sale of our house. For this reason we applied to WA. Im not sure what the rules are now though with the new state migration plan, you'll need to check as things may have changed now.

With regard to recommending an agent. All i can do is recommend the company which we used. We are originally from the uk , but living in ireland. We appointed a migration agent based in Pall Mall, London. They are called A New Life Abroad. The contact there is Graham Copsey. They were very straight talking right from the very beginning, and were open and honest as to our chances of getting the visa. They helped us every step of the way with the mountains of form filling, and were just so efficient with such attention to detail. We are nearing the end of the visa process now, just waiting for the final yes or no. Hopefully it'll be a big YES!

I know some people say theyve done it on their own just fine, but for us, having a good agent who knows the immigration system well has been well worth the money. At the end of the day, it can mean the difference between either getting the visa or not.

Good luck and hope it works out for you!

Archived