Should I apply for 175 and 176 ?

Eddie2010

Hi , I am new to this site and wish I had looked earlier :wub:

We decided to apply to Australia in Sep2010 and as I was turning 35 next week was advised to get my 175 application in asap as on the 7th Jan I would not have enough points hitting 35 years old!

Thankfully, I rushed to get ILETS and all the info together and got my application in on the 17th Dec to realise I will have 18 -24 months wait. :mask:

My questions are 1)- Should / Can I apply aswell for SS for SA and then pay and apply for a 176 to bump me to cat 2?

The reason my mind is running wild as I am worried about the new points test coming in..

2) With all the new changes in the points test coming in Mid 2011 , will the new applicants on this system get higher prioriy i.e - do you think the current Cat 3 will become Cat 4 - and then be possibly capped and ceased??

I know there are no gaurentees but dont want to sit back and just assume in 18 - 24months I will get a CO and arrive to my dream if I should be exhausting all avenues .....

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

PS thanks for everyones posts I have become addicted to reading everyones input ;)

Jodie

Hi Jodie,

Not much help to you im afraid, its been a while since we went through the visa application!

Just want to welcome you to PIO, Im sure someone will be along shortly who will be able to help you! All the best for 2011 x

Hi , I am new to this site and wish I had looked earlier :wub:

We decided to apply to Australia in Sep2010 and as I was turning 35 next week was advised to get my 175 application in asap as on the 7th Jan I would not have enough points hitting 35 years old!

Thankfully, I rushed to get ILETS and all the info together and got my application in on the 17th Dec to realise I will have 18 -24 months wait. :mask:

My questions are 1)- Should / Can I apply aswell for SS for SA and then pay and apply for a 176 to bump me to cat 2?

The reason my mind is running wild as I am worried about the new points test coming in..

2) With all the new changes in the points test coming in Mid 2011 , will the new applicants on this system get higher prioriy i.e - do you think the current Cat 3 will become Cat 4 - and then be possibly capped and ceased??

I know there are no gaurentees but dont want to sit back and just assume in 18 - 24months I will get a CO and arrive to my dream if I should be exhausting all avenues .....

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

PS thanks for everyones posts I have become addicted to reading everyones input ;)

Jodie

Is your occupation on the SMP? If it is and you are sponsored you could move to category 2 processing but only with a brand new visa applciation costing another $2,500.

I am not sure how long the SA sponsorship would take to process, in some states it can take 6 months, so with that and then another say 6 months for visa processing, you might not be considerably better off anyway.

I see no reason to suspect that a new points system will mean a new priority processing but you never know. And nobody here will know that. DIAC love surprises. :sad:

Thanks Pumpkin, yes my occupation is on SA , I am just thinking of all options as I (bit naive) thought you apply and then eventually your turn comes for a CO and then things start moving........oh for a glass ball into DIAC...thanks again for post . Jodie

Archived