It's happening...today is my last day at work and...

B1K3R

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes indeed! :biglaugh: Thank God, these last 2 weeks were filled with parties, dinners, launches etc for the festive season so time is passing quickly. Plus I am still organizing the luggages etc...we filled them up and there is still stuff in the house, which unfortunately did not ship and thus have to give them away. :laugh:

Anyway, you remind me of way back when my wife and I were apart. I was working in Melbourne and she was in Europe, it was around 6 months, and I remember, was sooo hard being away from her. Used to dream of her almost everyday and wherever I went, use to imagine her there and missing her etc. I remember the pain and frustration of not able to talk to her, hug her, share my life with her. Tough time, I have to say, very unique feeling to be away from your loved one.

Then, we could not be apart anymore and finally we were re-united!

Huh, what a feeling when we hugged each other at the airport. We were so in love back then and now even more :cute:

Cheers

B!K3R

Sounds like Christmas has been a welcome distraction - I guess at least you have had other things to focus on besides your move.

Aww, didn't realise you had spent time apart. Its horrible isn't it. I moved in with my parents when he wen back to Oz, which meant me moving city, and all my friends are too far away so I have felt slightly cut off for the past 6 months which perhaps has made me miss him even more. The old saying 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' is totally true for us. In fact there is now talk of marriage, kids, the whole lot:cute:. Funny as I know the strain could spell the end for some couples, and understandably as there is so much pressure and stress, but for us we are stronger than ever. I am very lucky.

Guest BrightonBoys
In fact there is now talk of marriage, kids, the whole lot:cute:.

new hat alert... new hat alert.... new hat alert... new hat alert....:biggrin:

new hat alert... new hat alert.... new hat alert... new hat alert....:biggrin:

:biglaugh:

Not quite yet! The focus for now is to be in the same room! :chatterbox:

If/when we do get married though, we both want a really low key thing so you wouldn't need a hat! :laugh:

Guest BrightonBoys
so you wouldn't need a hat! :laugh:

I have a rather large bald patch so a hat it will be (I promise to keep it a simple one, with just a few corks!!)

I have a rather large bald patch so a hat it will be (I promise to keep it a simple one, with just a few corks!!)

You're on! My OH has a bit of a bald patch - sure he would welcome a hat theme!

Look, I know you are set to embrace the Aussie lifestyle, but please, the cork hat idea is one cliche too far Kev. :wink::biglaugh:

Archived