Nursing Qualifications

Wildrover

Apologies if there is a thread about this already

Looking at the qualifications required to register with the AHPRA currently its

The criterion for a registered nurse or midwife is met when the applicant has a minimum qualification of a Bachelor

degree, or qualification combined with experience that is comparable in duration and content to the nationally agreed

minimal educational standard for nursing and midwifery in Australia.

For registration as a registered nurse, the

minimum qualification must be a university-based8

Bachelor degree (or where relevant, a postgraduate

qualification) and the minimum length of the course is

equivalent to six semesters’ full-time study.

I've read somewhere (maybe on here) that this will change in the future? To only the Bachelor and that the uni diploma with experience will no longer be acceptable. We are hoping (my OH is a nurse) that this is me miss reading it.

Apologies if there is a thread about this already

Looking at the qualifications required to register with the AHPRA currently its

The criterion for a registered nurse or midwife is met when

the applicant has a minimum qualification of a Bachelor

degree, or qualification combined with experience that is comparable in duration and content to the nationally agreed

minimal educational standard for nursing and midwifery in Australia.

For registration as a

registered nurse, the

minimum qualification must be a university-based

Bachelor degree (or where relevant, a postgraduate

qualification) and the minimum length of the course is

equivalent to six semesters’ full-time study.

I've read somewhere (maybe on here) that this will change in the future? To only the Bachelor and that the uni diploma with experience will no longer be acceptable. We are hoping (my OH is a nurse) that this is me miss reading it.

Hi i have a diploma and have a positive skills assessment with the ANMC and now trying to apply to APHRA as part of the sponsorship but is also worried about the same thing!! Iv posted this on the nurse resistrations post but awaiting an answer. I have mailed them but may also call APRHA on Tue night and to try to get clarification.

Lisa

Hi i have a diploma and have a positive skills assessment with the ANMC and now trying to apply to APHRA as part of the sponsorship but is also worried about the same thing!! Iv posted this on the nurse resistrations post but awaiting an answer. I have mailed them but may also call APRHA on Tue night and to try to get clarification.

Lisa

[/left]

Hi, my OH has the Diploma HE and she has done her mentorship qual also, with a few courses along the way. She has a registration officer who has just asked for a full transcript from uni with her hours on, everything else was in place so they are processing Diploma qualified nurses.........hope this helps

Hi, my OH has the Diploma HE and she has done her mentorship qual also, with a few courses along the way. She has a registration officer who has just asked for a full transcript from uni with her hours on, everything else was in place so they are processing Diploma qualified nurses.........hope this helps

Many thanks woodymcfc it seems to be one thing after another for trying to get info. Do you know that when you apply for sponsorship (were looking SA now) you need to be registered with APhra??

Lisa

Many thanks woodymcfc it seems to be one thing after another for trying to get info. Do you know that when you apply for sponsorship (were looking SA now) you need to be registered with APhra??

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I can only go off WA and their sponsorship criteria. We were initially going to apply as the OH being the main applicant (nurse) but what with the stoopid IELTS requirements and the time it was taking, we were lucky enough that I also had an occupation on the WA SMP, so we have applied as me being the main applicant. You do need a positive skills assessment and so many years experience for my trade so I can only tell you about that, I dont think the AHPRA registration is needed for WA, just skills assessment................Im sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong....................

Hi Lisa, I can only go off WA and their sponsorship criteria. We were initially going to apply as the OH being the main applicant (nurse) but what with the stoopid IELTS requirements and the time it was taking, we were lucky enough that I also had an occupation on the WA SMP, so we have applied as me being the main applicant. You do need a positive skills assessment and so many years experience for my trade so I can only tell you about that, I dont think the AHPRA registration is needed for WA, just skills assessment................Im sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong....................

Hi were not looking at WA now because for the PR visa they have changed the rules to having 7yrs experience which i dont have so looking at SA. Im going to phone AHPRA tonight after work to try to clarify things as there is no point spending money sending everything off if i cant register. It will be over for us if they dont accept the diploma until 2014 as it states.

Lisa

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Hi were not looking at WA now because for the PR visa they have changed the rules to having 7yrs experience which i dont have so looking at SA. Im going to phone AHPRA tonight after work to try to clarify things as there is no point spending money sending everything off if i cant register. It will be over for us if they dont accept the diploma until 2014 as it states.

Lisa

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I got sponsorship from SA two months ago without being registered, I just explained what i knew of the AHPRA application process and also that it seems to take an age! seemed to do the trick!

Gill x

Guest charliebecca

Lisa

Hey there. Im a bit new to all this and currently doing the training. can you explain what PR visa is? and will they seriously not allow Brit nurses in without 7 years experience? I was hoping to go after 12 months of experience

Charlie :)

Guest The Pom Queen
Hey there. Im a bit new to all this and currently doing the training. can you explain what PR visa is? and will they seriously not allow Brit nurses in without 7 years experience? I was hoping to go after 12 months of experience

Hi Charlie

Welcome to Pomsinoz, PR is permanent residency

Kate

Hello Charlie, as above PR is permanent residency visa it offers you more secruity that a employer sponsored visa so we didnt want that one. Regarding the experience it depends where you want to go. WA have now stipulated 7yrs on their professionals so many of us cant now apply, other states are 5yrs as far as im aware. We hope that SA is still one year but the SMP is not out yet so could change. Im no expert so worth getting professional advise on your situation.

Good luck Lisa x

Guest charliebecca

Ah Man i did not know this! Where do you find out all this information surrounding ow many years experience you need, as I've visted alot of them and can not find this sorta thing. Would you mind sending a few links?

charlie :)

Guest Dave7558
many thanks all, iv cleared up the diploma thing and it ok. Im going to press the button and apply to SA even though i have never set foot on the place. scarey!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, What did you fing out about the diploma?

Hi Lisa, What did you fing out about the diploma?

Hiya, the lady i spoke with at APHRA advised that having a diploma was fine and the link online referred to enrolled nurses and did not mean us English nurses.. Im lucky enough to already have a positive skills assessment, i think some diploma nurses may have to send more info to prove skills and where educated.

Hope this helps Lisa

Ah Man i did not know this! Where do you find out all this information surrounding ow many years experience you need, as I've visted alot of them and can not find this sorta thing. Would you mind sending a few links?

charlie :)

I have deleted most of the mail addresses i had from my favourites as i no longer needed them but found this website State Migration Plans: Australian Visa Bureau it details WA as iv checked but not looked at other states.

Lisa

They are putting my application to the board beginning of January.

Due to having a diploma, they requested an australian holiday visa, which I have supplied the details to them and also requested confirmation I did my secondary education in English which I have also sent to them.

Still a very worrying time it has gone to the board.

:arghh:

Hiya, the lady i spoke with at APHRA advised that having a diploma was fine and the link online referred to enrolled nurses and did not mean us English nurses.. Im lucky enough to already have a positive skills assessment, i think some diploma nurses may have to send more info to prove skills and where educated.

Hope this helps Lisa

In what relation do you have to prove skills Lisa?

You mean if educated in the UK?

Mine is going to the board, failed IELTS by 6.5 on reading so I am hoping they will consider my application and accept.

:mad:

Mine is going to the board, failed IELTS by 6.5 on reading so I am hoping they will consider my application and accept.

:mad:

Hi

Did you send your application to APHRA without passing IELTS. I also got 6.5 on reading and with all the confusion regarding whether you need IELTS or not, I have sent my form off.

Sharon

i think she just meant proving what skills you have in relation to a RN as i think Oz diploma nurses are EN and we are RN so just sending details of what you actually do e.g meds etc. You maybe best speaking to them directly you can get them after 22.00.

Lisa

Guest Guest 47403

Can someone got through the whole process for registering with APHRA my wife is about to start registering can you list the documents needed please? Thanks

Can someone got through the whole process for registering with APHRA my wife is about to start registering can you list the documents needed please? Thanks

Sorry I dont know how to add website links, but if you go to AHPRA website - nurses section, click internationally qualified nurses, then click forms and then click AGOS 04, that is the application form and tells you everything.

SECTION J: Checklist

A certified photocopy of your passport

Question 3

A certified photocopy of your licence

Question 4

Certified copies of ALL your relevant academic qualifications and transcripts

Question 11

A separate sheet with additional qualifications

Question 11

Certificate of Registration status or Certificate of Good Standing Question 12

A separate sheet with additional registration details

Question 12

Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)

Question 13

A separate sheet with your criminal history and explanation of circumstances in Australia

Question 14

A separate sheet with your criminal history and explanation of circumstances overseas

Question 15

Evidence of the successful completion of an approved English language test

Question 17

A separate sheet with your impairment details

Question 20

A separate sheet with your suspension or cancellation details Question 21

A separate sheet with your cancellation or refusal details

Question 22

A separate sheet with your disqualifications details

Question 24

A separate sheet with your conditions, undertakings or limitations details

Question 23

A separate sheet with your conduct performance or health proceedings

Question 25

Don't expect to get registration overnight. If you have time before you emigrate you are fine, but do put it in ASAP. If you need it in a hurry, Good luck. My application has been in since August. We are on the final stage though, last extra docs requested. Should have answer in next week or so. Was told on Thursday if I had not heard this week to get back on the phone....

Guest Guest 47403
Don't expect to get registration overnight. If you have time before you emigrate you are fine, but do put it in ASAP. If you need it in a hurry, Good luck. My application has been in since August. We are on the final stage though, last extra docs requested. Should have answer in next week or so. Was told on Thursday if I had not heard this week to get back on the phone....

Thanks very much for that can you go in to a bit of detail about the IELTS and AMNC tests and what to expect please?

Guest Guest 47403

Just going through the AHPRA minefield I mean website, can anyone point me in the right direction of the Standard format for a CV required by them I can't seem to find it anywhere, also if your an British citizen British educated do you need an English assesment? Thank you.

Archived