Any guess which Priority I will be in?

Ezy Going

I was sponsored by SA as Telecommunications Engineer based on their interim list. One week after getting my sponsorship, SA announced that it wont be accepting further applications for Telecommunications Engineer because this occupation has reached its planning level. However I was satisfied that since I was sponsored by SA in my occupation even before reaching the planning level, so when SA announce its smp I will move to Cat 2. I sent an email to SA yesterday just for confirmation and I received the reply today. As far as I can understand they will not include Telecommunications Engineer in their smp meaning I will not move to Cat2. I want to know that if this happens then which cat I am in?

The email from SA is pasted below:

Hi

Once we have reached quota for the program year, as is the case for Telecommunications Engineer, it will not be opened again as part of the SMP.

It may return to the list in the new program year, sometime after July 2011.

Regards

Immigration SA

Sent: Friday, 10 December 2010 2:13 AM

To: DTED:ImmigrationSA

Subject: Two queries regarding South Australia's SMP

Hello Concerned,

I plan to immigrate to SA in near future. I already have the state sponsorship of SA under the interim list and I have launched my application with DIAC. But I am waiting for state migration plans from South Australia so that I can move up to priority 2. I will be grateful if you could address my two queries mentioned below:

I want a confirmation that will my occupation "263311 - Telecommunications Engineer" which was part of the interim list be also part of the smpl.

Regards,

I was sponsored by SA as Telecommunications Engineer based on their interim list. One week after getting my sponsorship, SA announced that it wont be accepting further applications for Telecommunications Engineer because this occupation has reached its planning level. However I was satisfied that since I was sponsored by SA in my occupation even before reaching the planning level, so when SA announce its smp I will move to Cat 2. I sent an email to SA yesterday just for confirmation and I received the reply today. As far as I can understand they will not include Telecommunications Engineer in their smp meaning I will not move to Cat2. I want to know that if this happens then which cat I am in?

The email from SA is pasted below:

I think they have not answered your question and they misunderstood,

This mail means that they are not going to accept any new application from your occupation once their SMP is in place as its quota has filled, Your occupation will be on SMP list but it will be closed for this year

But your application will be considered in Cat2 and their SMP plan

Regards

I am not sure if Reza is right....

I think to be considered Cat 2, your occupation must be on the SMP list....

Lot´s of people already have WA SS, but their profession didn´t show up on the SMP....they have fallen into Cat 4 now....

Sorry....:clown-unhappy:

Guest mikka711

Ezy, perhaps if your occupation appears on SA SMP as a closed occupation, as opposed to not on there at all, there's hope you could be put into cat 2 as you would presumably be included in the quota as they approved your SS application.

This is basically what happened to us. OH ACT SS application was approved Aug 09, and since then his occupation has dropped off ALL SMPs and SOLs.

But then ACT published its SMP, OH occupation is closed, yet they put us up to CAT 2., and DIAC are now finalizing our meds.

Maybe you could ask if your occupation on SA SMP is a closed one?

Good luck:v_SPIN:

Thanks mikka.... yes you are right..I hope it appears on smp but as closed....If I read the email by SA again it also says that it may open again in June ....that may suggest that it will be on current smp but as closed.....I hope you are right....but thanks a lot for your moral support....now we all SA folks have to wait until next Friday when SA unleashes their smp :cute:

Hi all,

I emailed SA again & they have responded in detail. According to them I will get Priority 2 processing and the SMP will contain my skill but with state "Sponsorship not available".

So, all of you who have already been sponsored by SA according to their interim list and their skill has reached planning level should not worry.

Dear XXXX

In response to your e-mail, as you have already received sponsorship from Immigration SA on XX/11/2010 and your Form 1100 (notification of your sponsorship nomination) generated and sent to DIAC on XX/11/2010, your visa application would be in the DIAC visa processing queue.

The State Migration Plan (SMP), State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) and sponsorship requirements is due to be released this month (no confirmed date has been finalized). When the SMP is implemented if your occupation is on the list (when the planning level has been reached for this program year, all these occupations will still be listed on the SMP, but will state "not available"), as your application has been approved and Form 1100 sent to DIAC, your application will receive priority 2 processing as directed by DIAC.

Please monitor the Immigration SA website for the implementation of the SMP (date not yet confirmed).

Visa options :: Make The Move

-------------------------------------------------

I have already been sponsored by SA in capacity of Telecommunications Engineer based on their interim list. I was sponsored before the planing level for Telecommunications Engineer was reached. So I was already sponsored in the quota of 2010.

Your answer in the email below, suggests that even if I have been sponsored in the quota of 2010 but since Telecommunications Engineer has reached its planning level, so it will not be included in the SMP? Kindly correct me if I am getting a wrong meaning from your reply. My concern is simple, i.e, I have been sponsored by SA in Nov 2010 as Telecommunications Engineer (before reaching planning level), will I get the priority 2 processing by DIAC or will I stay as priority 3?

I will be really grateful if you could address my concern. If I get a confirmation that I will not be processed as priority 2 in SA, I can apply for WA sponsorship as my occupation is also included in their newly released smp. However I would really prefer SA over WA because I have friends in SA.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Archived