Photos of Canberra / Qbn under water today

restfamily

Yup, it's a right mess. Dont know if they were joking or not but someone said that the Googong overflow is, today, the 17th biggest waterfall in the world. And to think it was only a few months ago that the dams were hovering around the 40% mark and we thought we might be good for the summer.

It's going to take a monster clean up and hope that no more rain falls in the next little while.

I hope Nik_Kershaw and family are fine, they are Queanbeyan residents

Guest aussiedream

It's certainly devastating to those affected especially with X'mas is just around the conner. Hope they could get over with the clean up quickly and move on.

I will be moving to ACT soon. Just curious what are the suburbs that are affected by the recent flood?

It's certainly devastating to those affected especially with X'mas is just around the conner. Hope they could get over with the clean up quickly and move on.

I will be moving to ACT soon. Just curious what are the suburbs that are affected by the recent flood?

Basically just the Queanbeyan suburbs close to the river. Oaks Estate is an area that springs to mind - but you wouldnt want to be living there anyway!!! I cant think of any ACT suburbs which would be similarly affected unless there is an overflow in the storm water drain system - there was flooding down in Curtin in the 1960s but there have been big drainage changes since then. However any house is vulnerable really if the roof is cactus or the storm water drains clog or ....

Archived