Canberra Short Term Rental

clickettuk

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find information about short term rentals in Canberra while we're looking for a longer term rental property. We're hoping to get something booked from the UK before we arrive. Looking for somewhere for about 2 to 4 weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Michael.:wacko::confused:

Hi

When we where over for our reccie earlier this year we used a company called "canberra furnished accomodation" they have plenty of apartments all over central canberra if you check out there web site. Also have a look at Stayz, hope this helps.

Rich

Hi

When we where over for our reccie earlier this year we used a company called "canberra furnished accomodation" they have plenty of apartments all over central canberra if you check out there web site. Also have a look at Stayz, hope this helps.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks! Could you please send me the web addresses for the two companies you mentioned?

How was your reccie trip? When are you moving for real?

Michael.

Hi Michael

Sorry for not attaching the web links, but I see claireg has got there first, thanks claire

Reccie was great, stayed in Melbourne & Sydney prior to going to Canberra, both great places but Sydney just has the edge(in my opinion). Stayed in Canberra for 10 days(would have liked to stay longer but no holidays left at work) and really liked the place, obviously nothing like any other city in Oz as alot smaller compared to the likes of Sydney, but if you want a big city hit its only 3 hrs drive away/40min flight.

We where in Canberra during the winter in August and yep it sure does get cold, frost most mornings but lovely blue skies and sunshine, its a great city plenty of things to see and do and alot of it free, also all the bushland around Canberra makes it feel as though you are living in the country even though your in the city. We hired a car while we there and drove round loads of the different suburbs, we preferred the south of canberra for some reason Woden/Weston area, the north seemed to be all houses stacked on top of each other and no backyards and taking a dog with us we need one.

We will be moving over next Jul/Aug so looking forward to it and also rather scared, but hey your only here once!! :biggrin:

Rich

Thanks Richste

I think we are planning on moving over Sept / Oct next year and plan to get a short-term holiday let (furnished) whilst we figure out which area we want to live in and then find a longer rental (unfurnished).

Just need to have a baby, sell the house, co-ordinate shipping and hopefully it will all fall into place!!

good luck with your move

Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation is good for hotels at the last minute and there are some apartments on there too if you need more than one bedroom. You can also do a search on Real estate properties & homes for sale, rent and share for short term rentals (advanced search)

It all depends on when you will be coming as to when you need to book - Canberra can get quite busy in the summer especially if you are going to be here over New Year when you will probably find there are no vacancies anyway (SummerNats)

Archived